14

josh's point of view

i wake up to my phone ringing out an alarm. there's several texts from tyler left unread and i open them.

from tyler: m still small :(

from tyler: I SAW A FROG OUTSIDE !!! I WANT TO KEEP HIM AND WE CAN BE FROGGY BUDDIES !!!!

from tyler: i can't keep my froggy buddy bc i can't find anything to keep him in :(

from tyler: ima froggy now

from tyler: ribbet

from tyler: wake up i miss u

from tyler: i have to go to work and i dont wanna :( ill have ur coffee ready for u tho :((

i smile and laugh a little, stretching my arms above my head. i leave my bed, and eventually my apartment, only to make my way to his cafe.

i walk into the cafe with a smile on my face and see my coffee is waiting at my spot while tyler is busying himself with one of his regulars.

i believe he said her name is jenna, but i cant be sure. i see her in here quite often. she seems nice.

tyler comes back behind the counter and smiles brightly at me. "good morning, sunshine."

"good morning, froggy," i smile at him and he blushes profusely.

"shush," he smacks my shoulder.

jenna giggles from her booth across the room. "froggy."

"you hush, too," tyler laughs a little louder, and i smile at his genuine happiness.

after waiting as long as i possibly can, i leave the cafe, waving goodbye to both jenna and tyler, and make my way to work.

stephani greets me warmly and so does the stack of papers on my desk. my favorite way to start the day: paperwork.

not really.

i dont mind the work, though. it keeps my mind busy. however, i am only human, and my mind wanders. i think of tyler, as per usual, and i pull out my phone to text him.

from josh: hello, love. how are you?

he answers after a minute or so.

from tyler: i miss you and i want to be little :(

from josh: im sorry, hun :(

from tyler: leave work and come make out with me in the back of my cafe but then take me home and baby me

from josh: you leave work and come make out with me in my office and ill print you a coloring sheet to keep you busy until i finish my paperwork

stephani walks in and i jump, dropping my phone.

she looks at me with a knowing smile. "texting your boyfriend?"

"uh," i laugh awkwardly, "something like that... can i help you?"

"yeah. i was wondering if i could take a day off next week? i know im a super important asset to your work, boss, but its my mom's birthday," she takes a seat at the other side of my desk.

"sure, no problem. i think ill be able to hold up the fort."

my phone dings with another notification, and steph wiggles her eyebrows.

"sending nudes?"

"why are you so sexual today? take a long lunch, go get laid," i laugh and wave her off.

"thanks, boss," she leaves with a smile and i look at the clock. she's got an hour for lunch. i only have to be here for two more hours.

i sigh and open my messages again.

from tyler: when's your lunch?

from josh: whenever i want it to be.

from tyler: im on my way

(an: im actually in a good mental place today lmao what)