63

josh's point of view

(spoiler alert for the notebook if you haven't seen it).

work, work, work.

due to my wedding approaching, ive decided to take as many shifts as possible. i want the event to be perfect to tyler. i mean, i would be happy with the two of us in thrifted button-downs in the courtroom, but i know he wants it to be special. i dont mind this of course, but it is a bit stressful to have so many things to prepare for the wedding and so many things to do for work.

i have people counting on me left and right, but im so stressed that east seems to be up nowadays.

tyler seems a bit stressed as well, and i can tell that he wants to be little, even if its subconsciously. he bites his nails, he holds my hand a bit tighter, he's been craving sweets and other snacks he normally only eats in littlespace.

"baby, are you okay?" im leaning back in my office chair, my phone pressed to my ear.

"yeah," he sighs through the speaker. "just missing you. you're working late again?"

"yes. im sorry, love," i reply. "its for us. you know that, right?"

"i do. and im grateful," i can hear a small smile in his voice. "i made our appointment with the tailor today."

"yeah? for our suits?"

"no, for jim. yes, for our suits, dingus," he laughs a little and a smile pulls itself onto my lips.

"when is it? so i can put in for a day off," i ask, grabbing a pen and the pad of sticky notes on the side of my desk.

"december first," he reports.

"thats your birthday," my eyebrows raise and i scribble the day down.

"i know," he says. "i figure we can get fitted and then see my family for lunch. jenna wanted to throw a party, but i told her i just wanted to spend the evening at home with you."

"that sounds amazing, sweetheart. i can't wait."

"i love you, j."

"and i love you."

-

when i get home from work, tyler is curled up on the couch, watching tv with a blanket and a bowl of popcorn.

"hey, ty," i smile at him and he waves, his eyes glued to the screen. "watcha watching?"

"the notebook."

"have you never seen it?"

"no."

"what?" i put my things down and sit next to him. "how have you never seen the notebook?"

"shhh, because i haven't."

"oh, youre in for it."

"what do you mean?"

"shhh, because you are."

and he was.

"THEY DIED. JOSH, THEY FRICKIN DIED," tyler grabs my arm and shakes me, tears streaming down his cheeks. "SHE FORGOT HIM AGAIN AND SHE DIED," he buries his face in my shoulder.

"oh, i know, angel," i take my arm away to wrap it around him, "i told you that you were in for it."

"i didnt know 'it' would be this," he sniffles and then looks up at me. "w-what will you do if that happens to me? if i forget everything?"

"ill visit you every day, ill write you letters. ill do whatever i can to help you. but even it doesnt work, i can promise ill never forget you. even if i do, ill never forget what it feels like to love you. i couldnt if i tried."

"i love you."

"i love you more."

"impossible."

-

"what kind of centerpiece should we have?" tyler is scrolling through pinterest again, this time browsing for centerpieces apparently.

"flowers?"

"that's so overdone though," he retorts. "can't we do something else?"

"but, what else would we do? i mean," i take a sip of the wine he poured for me earlier that night, "i don't care what it is. ill be happy with whatever you pick for the wedding, as long as youre the one im marrying," i kiss his cheek and he sighs. "what is it?"

"i just... do you not care? i feel like i spend so much time trying to make sure everything is perfect and you just go with whatever," he confides, a bit of sadness in his voice.

"of course i care, hun. i wouldn't let you do something i genuinely didn't like. you just happen to have extraordinary taste," i smile and poke his side.

"promise?"

"promise."

"so, flowers?" he smiles back at me. "what kind?"

"carnations?"

"what color?"

"hmm. red?"

"rebel red carnations it is."

-

"so, do we have groomsmen and grooms...maids for certain?" tyler is sitting across from me at lemondrop on his lunch break, a coffee in front of him. "because, like, i have maddy, and you have abby and ashley."

"uh," i take a bite of my honey biscuit, which is still probably my favorite thing on the menu here. "i guess?"

"are they invited to the bachelor parties?"

"we're having bachelor parties?"

"you'd think the two of you would have more than red carnations planned for a wedding thats set for four months from now," jenna plops down in a seat next to tyler, a teasing smile on her face.

"you're uninvited," tyler elbows her and she laughs. "we're working on it."

"regardless of what you choose, im sure itll be beautiful."

"not as beautiful as tyler."

"shut up," he mumbles, his cheeks turning red at my comment.

"never."

"i work in a bakery and this is still too sweet for me," jenna stands again and stretches her arms above her head. "im kidding. but, i did come over here for a reason. ty, my shift is about up. you need anything from me before i leave?"

"no, you're good to go. have a nice evening," tyler gives her a smile and salute and then she's off, leaving me alone with my fiance.

i finish the last bite of my biscuit and then wipe my hands on a napkin. "i think its about time i head off too," i yawn, "i was going to walk jim before i made dinner."

"you're making dinner?" tyler raises his eyebrows.

"spaghetti. ill make sure to time it so its ready right when you walk in the door. i don't want it to be too cold," i wink at him and he giggles, which to this day, is probably my favorite sound.

"if its done right when i get in, wont it be too hot?" he counters, a smile lingering on his face.

"nope. its going to be the perfect temperature. you just wait."

"you know what else is perfect?"

"my dick."

"the wedding is off."

"am i wrong?"

"get out of my store."

(an: im editing this while also wedding planning for myself which is WEIRD)