59

josh's point of view

"josh! i missed you," stephani stands up when she sees me, pulling me into a hug. "how was it? you're engaged now! i want to see pictures!"

i laugh a little at how excited she is, but i pull out my phone to show her nonetheless.

i show her my pictures, smiling until my cheeks hurt at the memory. "we had so much fun. it was nice to get away for a bit," i tell her.

"you two are so cute," she gives me one more hug. "okay, enough being sappy. you have paperwork."

a large stack of said paperwork is on my desk, along with a cupcake and a congratulations card from steph. i smile and eat the treat before i actually start my work.

halfway through my third paper, i get a text from tyler. its a link to a pinterest board titled "wedding ♡" along with another link to a spotify playlist with the same title.

i open the pinterest board and scroll through whats there, laughing a little when i see a dog as a ring bearer. im sure we could train jim to do that.

when i scroll through the playlist, im equally as impressed.

i cant wait to marry this man.

-

when i get home, tyler is making dinner, singing along to music playing from his phone and swaying his hips a little.

"hey, baby. smells good," i walk closer to him and kiss his cheek. "whatre you making?"

"baked chicken casserole," he answers. "my mom's recipe."

"ohhh, sounds good. kelley is quite the cook."

"speaking of cooks," he clears his throat. "is it too soon to start planning a wedding? ive been brainstorming catering options."

"its not too soon. but we should pick a date before we book a caterer. i was thinking august. not too cold, not too warm. the trees will be nice reds and oranges."

"an outdoor wedding?" he turns away from the pan he's layering with food and wipes his hands on his apron.

"just imagine it. the walkway covered in flowers, the sunset behind us when we say 'i do,'" i paint the picture for him with my words. "the reception could be inside of course," i continue. "fairy lights hung around the room, candles."

"that sounds amazing," he's tearing up now, a smile on his face. "i love you."

"i love you more."

"id hug you, but i dont want to get raw chicken on you," he laughs a little and a tear falls down his cheek.

i wipe the drop from his face and kiss him once. "i don't mind."

-

we're each on our laptops, looking through venue ideas. we've contacted a few, but they haven't gotten back to us. not that we expected immediate replies. its eleven at night.

after that, we look through caterers.

"we don't have to plan it all in one night, ty. we don't know how much catering we need to order if we don't have a guest list. we still need invitations too."

"oh! right. lets work on that then, yeah?" he opens a new tab and creates a google doc, first listing out our immediate family. "who of your extended family are you inviting?"

"i don't know. i don't have a super big family, so all of them was the plan," i lean my head on his shoulder.

he hands me the laptop and i type everyone out, which is only about fifteen more people. i hand it back to him and he types out his family as well.

"okay. moving on. friends," he clears his throat. "stephani and jenna. jenna will want to bring bella. what about ryan?"

"ryans okay. and you can invite alex too, if you want. brendon is cool," i pick the few co-workers i know tyler is closest with.

"do we want a small wedding or do we want to invite acquaintances too?"

"you can invite the rest of your co-workers, i know you're closer to them than i am with mine," i sit up again. "but i don't know who else we would invite."

"sounds good to me. oh! also, brendon is in a band. they're actually really good. i bet they'd play at the reception," he tells me. "have you heard them?"

i shake my head and he pulls up youtube. the song he plays is called 'nine in the afternoon,' and it's much better than i expected them to be.

"is that ryan?" i look a little closer and tyler nods.

"yeah. he joined a month ago or something."

"they're awesome. if you think they'd play, im definitely down."

tyler pulls his phone out and texts brendon, then closes his computer and yawns. "we should probably go to bed now," he turns to look at me and smiles sleepily. "we've got work tomorrow."

-

i wake up without tyler in bed next to me, but there's a note on his pillow.

stop by lemondrop and ill have your drink ready. love you.

- your FIANCE ♡♡♡

i smile and set the paper aside, standing up to stretch. i get ready for work in a timely manner and then get onto my bike to ride to the cafe.

when i step inside and the bell above the door rings, i smile.

"good morning, josh," jenna flashes me a bright smile from behind the counter. "your drink is right there," she points to where it sits on the counter, next to my usual spot.

"where's tyler?"

"you mean your husband-to-be?" she winks. "he's in the back. ill get him."

she returns moments later with tyler, who has flour and icing on his face.

"hey, jishwa," he giggles and leans across the counter to kiss me. "good morning."

"good morning-"

before i can finish my sentence, brendon comes bouncing into the store.

"good morning, lovely people," he smiles wide, his dimples extremely prominant and his eyes shining. "tyler, i got the link to your playlist. i already know how to play most of the songs, and the ones i don't seem easy enough to learn. i am honored," he takes a bow and then runs a hand through his hair. "and congratulations to you both."

"thank you," i nod, holding my drink up in acknowledgment. "i should get to work. i love you," i lean forward and kiss him one more time.

"i love you, fiance."

(an: i love you and i hope you're all well!!!)