13

tyler's point of view again

my eyes open to a dark room. the tv screen is asking if im still watching some show i don't remember turning on. i sit up and rub my eyes, kind of scared by the darkness.

when i was awake josh was here, but then i fell asleep and he left. my eyes water a little and i pull my blankie over my head, reaching blindly for my phone. i find it and call him without bothering to even look at the time.

it rings and rings, and eventually he answers. after like eight years.

"hello?" he clears his throat. "tyler, are you okay?"

"mm," i just whimper quietly and bring my thumb to my mouth. "scary."

"what's scary, love?"

i close my eyes tight and focus on his voice, "is dark and you left."

"i told you i was leaving, baby boy. i wanted to let you get some rest. you were so sleepy," he talks softly and i let my eyes flutter closed again. i am still sleepy, but i cant let him know. he would make me go to bed again, and i don't wanna.

"'m not sleepy," i reply, trying to will my eyes to open more. stupid eyeballs.

"its two in the morning, tyler. you have to be tired. you had a long day today, and you have to go to work again tomorrow. you need to go back to bed, sweetheart."

"noooo," i whine, "don't wanna go bed."

"please? be a good boy for me, ty," his voice is warm and soothing and i do want to be good for him.

"o-okay," i yawn and then stand up, stumbling to my bedroom. "i go sleep for you, daddy."

"thank you. ill see you tomorrow morning, okay? sweet dreams."

"nigh-nigh," i hang up the phone and set it down, digging through my drawer to find my pacifier. i put it in my mouth and cover up. i fall back asleep not long after.

(an: short chapter again bc i said so)