Chapter1

zoniques (pov)

my name is zonique, im 17 and i live with my 5 year old sister zion. Our parents died 2 years ago we went to go live with our aunt but she ended up kicking us out because she has 4 kids and she dont need me and zion to be eating up all her food. i thought it was a bad excuse. we now live in queens new york in a small 1 bed room apartment, i work at hooters night sift and in the day i go to school and spend time time with my sister. i have two friends keke and james. they keep zion when i work night shifts. and thats really all about me.

*RING RING*

my alarm clock goes of i slowly crawl out of bed, i go to the side of the bed that zion's sleeping on. i pick her up and walk towards the closet to get her outfit picked out for school. summer had just ended and this is zion's first day of kindergarten, she slowly wakes up. i lay her clothes out on the bed then i walk towards the bathroom to get her water running. after the water is done i put zion in she plays in the water for a little while then i start bathing her. i pick her up and wrap the towel around her. she starts brushing her teeth. i start putting everything she needs for school in her back pack, then i start doing her long curl hair. after i got done zion walked into the small living room to watch tv while i got ready, i took my shower, brushed my teeth, and did my hair, i grabbed my house keys, lip gloss, purse, and phone and walked out of the bed room. i began too fix me and zion so lucky charms. when we were done we walked out of the apartment.

"you excited for your first day of school?" i ask zion while shes skipping.

*"YES I CANT WAIT!" she yells. i laugh, we  finally make it to her school. i walk her to class then i give her a hug and kiss.

"be good." i told her.

"girl dont worry bout me." she said bein grown. i leave out the building to go meet keke, james, and some other people that keke hang with. when i get there i get ready to turn around cause i dont like being around all them ghetto people, keke date this dude named mason and he friends with armon and monti they're all bad news there in a gang, they deal drugs, and some more illegal shit, keke like thugs but me on the other hand not so much i dont have time to be in a relationship i got to take care of my sister and me.

"HEY BEST FRIEND!" keke and james yelled. i slowly walked over to them. when i got over there mason and armon were passing a blunt back and forth. i hate the smell of weed. i sat down next to james.

"bitch what are you wearing. yo body to good to not let that ass clap. you got on these jogger, you look plain as fuck, its the FIRST day of school!" james said, i laughed.

"you crazy, i dont want nothing clapping." i said james rolled his eyes.

"welp mine gone clap." he said, i laughed. armon rolled his eyes. he acted as if he always had an attitude. 

"keke why you even hang out with ha she so ugly?" he said being bold as fuck. keke just looked at me and i stood up.

"well....im about to head to school bye." i say.

"but school dont start til 8:30 its only 7:12" keke said.

"well imma go home til school starts." i said walking away. i really didnt feel like dealing with armon and his games. he think he the finest person ever but no lies he is fine but he'd never date me, he thinks darkskins are ugly but i really don't care.

(8:30)

im now at school and i see keke and james hop out of armons mercedes i walked up to them. then ashley got out the front seat.

"eww look at that burnt bitch." ashley said being petty. she dosent like me cause she thought i liked armon.

"dont try me." i said rolling my eyes. she started getting red.

"dont get yo ass beat on the first day of school!" ashley yelled.

"bet." she just looked at me.

"its not worth." she said rolling her eyes, armon came over and kissed her. and hopped in his car. me, keke and james walked into the building everyone was saying have to keke and james and they didnt notice me, i didnt have a problem with it cause i like it like that.  we went into the office to get our schedule, today was a half day so basically we were just going into our classes learning expectations and rules and diffrent things.

(9:35 am)

i had just got out of school and was walking to my sisters school cause she gets out in 20 minutes and the walk from my school to hers is 15 mins, then i see armon and a whole lotta dudes on the side walk being loud and shit. i walk by without showing any contact with none of them.

"aye yo zonique!" sombody yelled, i turned around it was armon. witha big smile on his face, he so bipolar i swear.

"let me get yo number." he said, i scrunched up my face at him.

"but i thought i was ugly?" i said. he smacked his lips.

"nigga im just playin with you, and it aint like i want you." he said making me feel bad

"917-424-3758." i said walking away but he grabbed my arm.

"wait foo, where you going." he asked.

"to go pick up my sister." i said showing no emotion.

"can i walk with you?" he asked

"i dont care." i said, we started walking and he was talking about him self and i just nodded my head the whole time.

"shit you do got a nice ass." he said.

"dont you have a girlfriend?" i asked, he such a hoe.

"yeah. and we in a open relationship." he said, i rolled my eyes. ashley would  be the type to let her nigga cheat on you.

"i thought black girls where ugly?" i asked.

"they are but that dont stop me from fucking them." he said bluntly, i just shook my head.

"oh wow." i said.

"they just annoying and shit but white girls....thats were its at." he said, ad rolled my eyes again.

"oh thats cool." i said. we had finally made it to my sisters school and she ran out and hugged me.

"who is that?" she said looking at armon.

"not important." i said while holding her small hand.

"oh im not important?" armon said while slapping my ass my sisters eyes gt real big.

"are you my sisters BOYfriend?" she asked.

"no no no were not even friends." i said quickly cause my sister jumps to conclusion to quick.

"i mean i could be." he said, i rolled my eyes and continued to walk home. when we got home armon had already left. and i was now feeding my sister. had me thinking maybe armon aint that bad. but let me stop thinking like a side chick.

................................................................................................................................................................

so yall like the first chapter?