Chapter 27

3 weeks later
(Zonique)POV

It's been 3 weeks til me and Armon broke up, I got back into school, started working again, and I'm going on a date with Xavier, he a cool ass dude, thuggish but cool, he texts me every morning calling me beautiful. I feel like it's going to work out, but since I still live with Armon I'm keeping our relationship on the low low. Armon is single now, he wasn't feeling that girl, and he still trying to make things up to me.

"Zonique can we talk?" Armon asked while I was putting in my hooped ear rings.

"Yeah, What?" I asked smoothing out my white dress that came to my knees.

"You want to tell me why you getting all dressed up." He said sitting in my bed.

"Armon...it's nothing serious." I said not wanting him to know my business.

"Please? I'm just worried about you." He said grabbing my hand and kissing it.

"A-a date..." I said watch his whole face flip.

"A date, nigga you must be fucking with me. What happend to you loving me, huh?" He said getting semi loud.

"I never said I don't love you, I'm just trying to move on....I can't be miserable just to please you, you don't want me." I said staying calm.

"I see how it's gone be though." He said getting up and towering over me, then he grabbed my face. "I know I hurt you and all, but I really think we should work it out..." He said leaning down n to kiss me but I turn my head.

"I don't cheat..." I mumbled. He clenched his jaws and shook his head while walking out. I put on my white fuzzy slide and my white and gold Chanel hand back, then called up Xavier.

(Date❤️)

Xavier came over and opened the car door of his car, he had taken me to this private area at the park. It was set up all nice and everything, people were playing soft music, and two waiters were standing there. It made me feel all special, "Armon would never do this for me.." I said in my head.

"Do you like it?" Xavier said, with the biggest smile, he was so generous and polite, even though he ain't look like it, his was. I shook my head agreeing to the scene.

"It's perfect." I said smiling. We sat at the table, it had rose petals and a stick candle, with two champagne glasses, two water glasses, and two glass plates. The napkins were formed in a heart design. Everything made me feel tingly inside. The waiters brought us a lobster tail and scallops, with a rose (champagne) they popped the cork and poured it into the glass.

"Zonique if you don't mind me asking, why do you live with your ex?" He asked.

"I'm actually planning on moving out pretty soon." I said.

"I mean you can always come live with me..." He said, I didn't really know him like that so I was iffy with about it.

"I'll think about it...." I said and took a sip of the champagne.

"It's going to be fun if we live together." He said reaching for my hand making me uncomfortable. I didn't want to go there with him, I was still attracted to Armon and I would feel like I betrayed him if I mess around with Xavier.

"So what do you do?" I asked.

"Is that important......?" He asked getting an attitude.

"I mean I'm not going to go live with someone I know nothing about." I said biting into my lobster.

"I do a little drug dealing, but nothing big." He said.

"Ok, that's really nothing." I said. Happy he ain't no murderer. After we had finished, we walked around the park holding hands and talking it was around 1:45 and I knew Armon was have a fit. But guess who don't care. Me🤣