Party - Part 1

Louis' POV

The day of Liam's party rolled around quickly. Harry and I had been spending a lot of time together, and I was practically living at his hotel. I'd helped him finish writing a couple songs that we were both really proud of, and when we showed them to the guys they all agreed they were perfect. They each had their own music to bring to the table, so the meeting was quite a success.

I headed back to my hotel afterwards to find a decent outfit to wear. I knew it wasn't anything fancy but I still wanted to look good, because I always had to assume pictures would be taken. I picked out a white t-shirt and a jacket, and some Champion joggers. A little voice in my head told me I'd get too hot, but I ignored it. As I pulled on my Vans, my phone buzzed. I reached over and saw a text from Niall.

Niall: Figured I'd swing by your hotel on my way. Harry's here too. Hope you're ready. There in five.

I grabbed my wallet and room key and headed down to the lobby, wondering what the night had in store.

* * *

We walked in and the music hit me hard. It was loud as always, the bass shaking my entire body, and the club was packed. Liam had rented out the whole thing, which was good because it seemed like he'd invited everyone he'd ever met.

"How much do you wanna bet we won't even see Liam at this thing," Harry yelled beside me as we took a few steps further inside.

"Well if we can find Zayn I'm sure we'll find Liam as well," I shouted back. It was true. Any time there was any kind of party Liam and Zayn just became inseparable.

"Let's go get drinks," Niall said, shoving past us. We followed him over to the bar and ordered three beers. I sat myself down on a barstool and they both did the same. We each looked around to see how many people we knew, but I didn't recognize many faces. The dance floor was already a sea of sweaty bodies and drunken dancing, although for some reason I wanted to be a part of it.

Maybe after a few drinks, I thought.

I downed my first beer in seconds, and then quickly ordered another. It'd been a while since I'd properly partied, and I intended to let loose. Harry, on the other hand seemed to be taking his time, only sipping his drink, and Niall had grabbed his beer and taken off. The two of us sat in silence for a couple minutes, and then Harry spoke up.

"I can't remember the last time I went to a party with this many people. It's strange."

"Well you have been on tour. Not a lot of time for parties when you're performing every single night," I pointed out. He nodded, taking another swig of his beer.

"It's nice to be able to relax for a little while. I mean, I'm really sad the tour is over because it was so much fun, don't get me wrong, but it was also really hard."

I thought about all the videos I'd seen from Harry's concerts. He was such an entertaining performer, and it made me so happy to see him having a good time and living his life exactly how he wanted to. I wondered if I'd ever be as confident as him. The way he danced around on stage as if no one was watching amazed me.

"The fans are already pressuring me to put out a second album," he continued. "It's probably just because they want the studio versions of Medicine and Anna." I smiled to myself. Those were two of my favourite songs of his, and I too was secretly waiting for the proper audio of them. "To be completely honest, I'm holding off on them as long as possible just to see how long it takes before the fans absolutely lose their minds," he said, grinning. I laughed.

"I think that time is pretty soon, Haz."

"Hey by the way, your album is absolutely amazing. It was definitely worth the wait," Harry said, patting me on the back.