28

Harry's POV

I sat in the sand and hugged my knees to my chest. It was dark and windy, the small waves falling gently on the shore. I was all alone with just my thoughts. And they were terrible terrible thoughts. I couldn't take my mind off of Louis and Jessica. They'd been together so much recently, but after talking with him at Niall's hotel I could tell he wasn't happy. He didn't want to be with her, but he was forcing himself to stay in such a horrible relationship because he couldn't stand the thought of being alone.

I wanted him to break up with her. But who was I to want such a thing? I was the one who ended things between Louis and I. Why did I do that? I don't even know. Maybe we could've worked past the few bumps in the road and finally found our happy ending. Ugh, and maybe I was just being delusional.

Before I could dive any deeper into my loneliness a tap on my shoulder startled me back to reality. I jolted and looked up, preparing myself to get up and run, but I was met with the most beautiful blue I'd even seen.

"Louis? What are you doing here?" I asked, confused.

"Well I've just been looking for you for the past hour," he explained as he sat down next to me. "I swear I looked everywhere. Who knew you'd be at the beach at 10:30."

"It's peaceful," I said, looking out at the water. "Um . . . why were you looking for me?" I turned my head and met his gaze once more. He stared back at me, his eyes rounded. He glanced down at my lips and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. "L-Louis?"

He shook his head. "Oh, yeah right. I need to talk to you. I went out with Jessica tonight and I learned some pretty fucked up news."

"What's that?"

"She was hired by management to um . . . seduce me. The whole thing at the club was a plan. It was all some stupid stunt so that we would break up."

I had absolutely no words. I mean, it was surprising, but it also sounded exactly like something our management would do. I had been miserable for over a month just because they couldn't handle two band members being in love? I wanted to punch something. Anything.

"Harry," Louis said softly, grabbing my hand. I looked at our intertwined fingers and immediately felt better. No matter what happened in my life, Louis had always been able to fix it. Even something as little as holding his hand made all my troubles disappear. "I know you said we needed to separate, but it's killing me. I dated that monster for Christ's sake." I giggled. "And don't get me wrong, you're gorgeous all the time, but you don't look like yourself. This whole 'not being together' thing doesn't work for us. It never has, Harry. We're made for each other, you and I. We're supposed to fall asleep in each other's arms, and write cheesy love songs about our relationship, and live together, and . . . and get married! We're supposed to end up together, Harry, and who are we to deny ourselves the best love we've ever known?"

I stared at him for a moment, analyzing every detail. His long dark eyelashes, his thin dark red lips, his beautiful blue eyes, his cute little nose, his feathery hair, everything. He was absolutely perfect, and he'd been perfect to me since the day we met. Not a day went by where I didn't envy Louis for all that he had. And yet, he had always assured me that I had no reason to be jealous. He made me believe that I was perfect too. He made me a better version of myself. I wasn't Harry Styles without Louis Tomlinson.

Without a second thought I leaned in and pressed my lips to his. It was a gentle kiss, as if to say 'I do want to be with you, forever and always.' It only lasted a second, and then Louis was pulling away and looking at me with the softest little smile. Right away he placed his hand on the back of my neck and pulled me back to him. Our lips collided, this time in a heated and passionate kiss. Sure, we had a sweet moment, but it had also been over a month since we'd been with each other. I didn't expect anything less from us.

His tongue slid into my mouth and I put my hands on his waist, digging my fingers into his jacket. I felt like I was in a state of euphoria as his hands trailed down my sides and slid under my hoodie. The contact was heaven, and I'd let it go on forever if I could. He pushed me back and I fell into the sand as he straddled my hips, pressing his body into mine and causing unbearable friction. He moved his lips to my jawline and then to my neck, sucking on the skin, being sure to leave a mark. I moaned softly while my eyes remained closed. He leaned up to my ear and my breath hitched.

"I want to do so many things to you right now," he whispered causing my whole body to shutter. "Come back to my place." It almost sounded like an order, but I wasn't about to argue. I opened my eyes and watched him as he stood up above me. His eyes were dark and filled with desire.He extended a hand to me and I took it quickly, allowing him to pull me up. Once I was on my feet he giggled, his eyes crinkling in the corners.

"What?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Why are you laughing at me?"

"Oh, Haz. You have sand in your curls," he said, reaching up and ruffling my hair, sand falling to our feet.

"Well whose fault is that?" I teased.

"Shut up, you loved it."

"I'd love it a whole lot more if it actually led somewhere," I said, smirking.

"Then what are we still doing here?"

————

We arrived at the hotel and headed straight for the elevator. I watched as Louis pressed the button a dozen times.

"Desperate, are we?" I joked, nudging his side.

"Harry, I swear to god if this elevator doesn't come soon I will take you right here, right now, in the middle of the lobby, so just, be quiet." I rolled my eyes, a wide smile on my face. He really did want me so badly, and it was a huge turn on.

After a few more minutes, the elevator dinged and the doors slid open. We stepped in and Louis hit the 'close doors' button immediately. Once they slid shut he grabbed me and crashed his lips into mine. I kissed him back harshly while his hands flew to my ass. I pushed him back until he was against the wall, my hands on his hips. It was a short ride, and when the doors opened we pulled apart instantly. We took one step into the hall and Louis gasped, freezing and grabbing onto my arm.

There, in the middle of the hallway were Zayn and Liam, pressed together in a kiss almost as heated as ours.

***

A/N: heyooo heres another update.

are my chapters too short?? idk idk

when I finished this chapter and went to name it I realized that it was the 28th chapter. no I did not do that on purpose, but I decided to leave the name as just "28" cuz what a perfect coincidence.

also ziam because yeet <— ew I hate myself

hope this chapter was a good one. thanks for reading :)))

~bee. xo.