Chapter 1: On That Fateful Night

The thick black clouds shadowed the earth as the sky restlessly grumbled. The strong wind buffeted at the 5 year old y/n who was incapable of anything. The clouds which struggled to withstand the burden of the weight which the rain held, soon gave in.

" M-mum??"

The only thing you saw was your mum's back. She was protecting you from whatever that was before her.

"It's okay, (y/n).. i got this,"

However her voice told you otherwise. She was trembling. There was only so much she could take before reaching her breaking point. All of a sudden there was flash of light. You thought your eyes were deceiving you because it was heading this way but it was really happening. The deafening sound crescendoed. The lightning as sharp as a blade pierced through the clouds above, going straight towards you. You closed your eyes bracing yourself however it never came. As soon as you opened your eyes, everything turned it into a disoriented chaos.

——————————————-
*Y/N's POV*

"MUM!!" you yelled as your eyes shot open. You could feel your icky body bathed in sweat. Once again, the nightmare of your past came haunting you.

"I can't let this ruin my first day,"

Today was your first day of school as a U.A student. You were transferred here because of your outstanding quirk, Water. Unlike normal water quirks, your water quirk was sharper than a blade. It can cut anything that is in your way. You were also capable of controlling any liquid around you. Whether if it's sewage water, coffee or a pool of a blood, you can control it.

After reaching the office of U.A, you had a small conversation with the principal before All Might took you to your class.

"Ah! Unfortunately Miss (y/n) I am not your homeroom teacher. I know it's disappointing but—"

"Aizawa sensei?" you interjected AllMight's words.

"THATS RIGHT! He is your homeroom teacher. Apparently due to a high fever, he won't be coming today," All Might notified you as the both of you walked to class.

"even though he is pro hero,,," you chuckled.

Aizawa got defeated by a fever.

The journey ended when the two of you stopped in front of the door to 1A's class.

"Are you ready?"
"Yes!!"

All Might reached out his hand and with full force that could blow you away, he slid the door open and ended with a loud bang!

"I AM HERE!" he laughed in triumph as everyone gasped.

In a distant, you could hear a timid voice stuttering All Might's name.

You walked in awkwardly feeling the strong tension. Everyone had their eyes glued to you. One wrong move, and you were sure they'd cut your head off.

"This young lady right here will be your new classmate,"

"Ah,, My name is (f/n) (l/n) but you can call me (y/n). Nice to meet you and please take care of me!!" You bowed.

Again there was silence.

' i guess they don't like new people huh?'

"(Y/n) chan!! what is your quirk?" The pinky girl asked.

"Water!" you replied.

There was a wave of silence that hit the room. At that moment, you felt discouraged. They're 1A students. Of course they would have better quirks than you.

All of a sudden the entire room roared in happiness. The pink girl jumped out of her seat cheerfully.

"YAY!! AMAZING"

"Cold todoroki + hot todoroki = (y/n)!" Someone shouted.

"UWAAA water quirks are so useful! You can drink anytime anywhere. No dehydration plus super smooth skin!"

"Does your water quirk wash away negativity cus we got bakugou over there!"

"OI SHUT UP YOU SCOTCH TAPE BASTARD!"

"But she can't wash away my dazzling—"

"Uwa! She's so pretty. Hey Mineta, lets do it. The first person to get her attention wins,"

"I WILL,"

They were all bickering back and forth. Everything was so chaotic .. and lively. Everyone made you feel welcome. But you can't say the same for that angry hedgehog.

"Haiiiii haiii! Miss (y/n), please take a seat beside him," All Might pointed towards a green haired boy. You nodded and soon made your way.

The lessons finally came to an end and almost everyone dashed out for break. You walked to the cafeteria alone. It was crowded as hell. You had to squeeze between people while praying you won't die out of suffocation.

You tried dodging here and there but your luck wore out. You had accidentally knocked down a tray of food belonging to some big muscular guy who wasn't from your class.

"Oh god. I AM SO SORRY!" you apologised profusely. Though you knew it wasn't sufficient. His hair covered his eyes as you could feel a rather dark aura coming out from him.

"E-eh?"

And at this moment, you knew you fucked up. All of a sudden, he pulled your collar and raised you up high. He was practically choking you.

'shit shit shit. this wasn't the plan! My first day of school isnt supposed to be like this! FUUUUUUUUCCXXXXKKKKKKKKKK'

Out of pure reflex, you swerved the spilled milk on the floor and onto his face. It got into his eyes, causing him to let you go. You ran as fast as your legs could carry you, however, his legs were longer. He managed to catch up. With his hands reaching forward, he grabbed your neck.

The moment his finger touched your neck, you felt like electricity just flowed through you. Somehow it triggered you to remember the traumatic past. On that night that changed everything, the villain wrapped his hand around your neck and almost destroyed it.

Your eyes widened as you could see your life flashed right before your eyes. Even though right now the guy was just a random U.A schooler , it triggered you so much.

Instantly and unconsciously, you swept your hand passed him to unleash your water quirk when all of a sudden it turned to ice.

"That's a bad idea, (y/n)" a voice stoically said.

You snapped back to reality and realised you were being stopped by a half white & half red haired guy.

"E-eh?........."

"And you, big guy. Don't cry over spilt milk. How pathetic," and with that, the guy walked away.

You stared at him in awe. An ice wielder huh? Dangerous. Someone who can freeze your quirk entirely. He's dangerous.

You would definitely lose in a battle with him. He was the first person to make you feel this powerless apart from the villain that attacked you.

'i must never get on his bad side,'

—————————————————————————-
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!! IM FINALLY DOING A BNHA FANFIC (even tho i have other stories left untouched whops)

but dont worry. i have all this planned out so im not writing aimlessly oki.

might not be a good start. im so sorry but please be patient and continue reading. i promise it'll get better.

-sora

14 July 2018.