02 - My Peculiar Roommate

I stared at the innocent tissue roll inside the bathroom, contemplating if I should walk out or remain inside. Ai'Oon is just outside in our shared room. I don't know if I should call it luck or what. Luck because for an unknown reason, I feel happy that I'm sharing this room with my savior. So he's that grumpy and snarky guy that the owner had warned me about, huh? At the same time, Ai'Oon isn't so happy about sharing this room with me.

He was just done with his shower and was in the middle of wearing his shirt when I came. I think he was embarrassed that I saw him in that state. I can't help but chuckle a little. He's really cute. Yeah, I came to a truce with my mind that yes, he's cute and if that is already a fact then there's no reason to be weirded about it if I find him cute. Right?

Deciding that I should step out of the bathroom now since I'm already done with my shower, I open the door and stepped out. Ai'Oon is in the middle of arranging his things from his bag. He looked at me and his eyes turned to glare at me. Did I do something wrong again?

"Can you at least wear a shirt or something?" he said and took his eyes off me, continuing what he's doing. His cheeks turned red again. Is he blushing?

"But why? We're both males anyway." I think my voice came out sounding like a whine. "Don't tell me you're getting shy in seeing me half naked?" He did when he was the one changing a while ago.

Ouch. Did he just throw a pillow on my face?

"Like hell I will be shy." He stood up and turned to me. I think he's done arranging his things.

"I think I didn't get your name."

"Student ID 0062, Kongpob Suthiluck," I introduced myself like how he did in front of the class a while ago which made him roll his eyes. I think I can enjoy teasing him.

"Why am I sharing a room with you? I've been renting this one for 2 years now and I made it pretty clear that I don't like to share it with anyone like the others. I'm paying double so why do I have to share it with you?"

I shrugged. "The owner of the building gave it to me. I don't know about your agreement but I'm renting this room together with you now." I smiled widely just to tease him and I received another glare.

"Whatever," he sighed and turned to the door. Before he could leave, I asked him, "Where are you going?"

"To eat."

"You haven't eaten yet? It's late."

"I fixed my things first so I'm only eating now."

"But the cafeteria is closed now. How are you going to eat?"

He sighed, clearly irritated. "I can always eat somewhere else. Why do you ask a lot of questions? I'm hungry, okay? Stop asking me."

He closed the door after him and I blinked a few times before I quickly grab my phone and wallet and dash after him. Of course, after I put on a shirt over my head and shorts on my lover half. He's near the gate when I managed to catch up with him. He looked surprised when he saw me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm hungry too. Let's just eat together." That is a lie. I've already had my dinner with Aim and Oak but him outside the uni and alone at this late time of the night doesn't sit well with me.

He stared at me with narrowed eyes for a few seconds as if contemplating before he finally gives in. "Whatever." That made me smile wide.

We ate in silence with me occasionally throwing glances at him. I can't understand myself. I can't understand why I find myself always thinking about him ever since I first saw him on that day. Could it be because he saved me? I owe my life to him after all. If it wasn't because of him, I could be sent in the hospital or worse, I could have died on the spot. He saved me. That must be the reason why I can't stop thinking about him. My thoughts were interrupted when the very man in my thoughts suddenly spoke to me.