12 - Sign?

I felt the warmth of the sun tickles my face and I know that I need to wake up now. The sun used to be just a sun to me before but ever since my own personal sun came barging into my life, the sun turns to have a different meaning to me now. Today is a Saturday morning and my heart is still filled with the warmth that is my personal sun. To conclude it, my so called mission failed. It's a total failure.

I rolled on my bed or should I say tried? I open my eyes and there goes this guy again, hugging me like a baby koala to his mother koala. I pried his limbs off me but he's holding me too tight that it's impossible to do so.

"Stop wiggling, darling. Can't you see? I'm trying to sleep here," he mumbled with his eyes still closed and trying to burrow his face more to his human pillow that is me. I rolled my eyes.

"You can sleep more after you let me go. And can you stop calling me darling? It makes me cringe."

His eye opens to look at me while his other eye is still closed. "But I've been calling you darling since we're young," he whines.

"And I don't recall ever liking or agreeing to it. Now let me go before I push you out of the bed and out of the house back to your hometown, Nai."

He pouts and reluctantly let go of me. "You're so cruel to me, Kong. You used to be an adorable little kid when we we're still playing before."

"And you're still the same annoying little brat like you were before," I teased and ran to the bathroom, closing it before he could react. After a second or two, I heard him yell.

"Bastard!"

"What?" I stared at my family in shock. After I recovered, I turn to Nai who's grinning at me. "Is that true? What mae told me? You're transferring to my uni?"

"Yep!" He nods his head. "And I'm not just simply transferring. We're going be classmates again! I'm taking engineering too. This is so exciting! It's going be so fun!"

Exciting? Fun? It's going to be the complete opposite. But don't get me wrong. Nai is a nice guy. He's my childhood friend other than Aim and we used to go to the same school. We got separated though because my family needs to move place. That's the time when I first met Aim.

Nai is a little devil. He always teases me whenever there's an opportunity. He will grab it immediately. And I bet that he's going to catch up about my feelings for Arthit faster than I realize my feelings. And so exciting? Fun? It's going to be one hell of a ride.

"You don't look so happy, dear?" Mae looks at me with concern.

"Of course he's not, mae. N'Nai is going to tease Kong so much," P'Kulap answered with a laugh.

"Oh? I see what you mean there." Mae stood up and walked towards me. She stopped behind me and gave me a hug. "Do not tease my baby Kong so much, Nai. He's going to have so many wrinkles he'll turn ugly. How can he have a girlfriend if he's ugly?"

I tensed at the mention of 'girlfriend' but I schooled my expression right away to hide how nervous I became so suddenly. My mind hasn't wandered to this specific topic just yet. If I like Arthit, that makes me gay, right? How will my family take this sensitive information? Will they get mad at me?

"Kongpob? Are you alright, son? You look troubled." I looked up and see por looking at me, his eyes show worry. I look around and mae, my two sisters and even Nai are wearing the same expression as por.