24 - Warmth Towards Sun

I shiver in cold when I felt the wind blew and touched my skin. My eyes slowly fluttered open, expecting my now boyfriend to be there holding me in his arms but he wasn't there. I blinked in confusion and I pulled myself up as I scan the room for the missing man. "Kongpob?"

When I didn't get an answer, I tried calling his name again but I got the same result. I sighed dejectedly and jutted my lower lip in annoyance. I was expecting to wake up with him beside me. I felt heat crept up on my cheeks with that thought. When did I become so mushy?

My body shivers when another wind blew from the opened window. My arms instinctively wrapped themselves around my cold body. I rushed towards the window and close it. That's when I felt the freezing marble floor touching my bare feet and I immediately run to the side of the bed and wore my slippers. Why is it so cold this morning?

"Kongpob?" I tried again but he still won't answer me. Where the hell is that guy? I checked the toilet and he's not there either. Thinking that maybe he's already downstairs and having breakfast with his family, I went to wash my face and fixed myself to look presentable. I look at myself in the mirror and I find myself smiling. I feel happy and that happiness radiated in my reflection that I couldn't help but wink at my own image. I chuckled at how silly I am right now.

I descended the stairs and craned my neck towards the kitchen. There are no sounds coming there. "Kongpob?" I called yet still no answer. I still checked if someone's there but there's not a soul. My next destination is the living room but just like everywhere in the house, Kongpob isn't there as well. "Kongpob, where are you?" I called, getting a little worried.

"Oon."

My head whipped at where the voice came from. It's coming from outside. "Kongpob? Is that you?"

I opened the main door and my eyes squinted when it was met by the brightness of the surrounding. After a few seconds and my eyes adjusted, I was surprised to see that everything is covered by a thick white fog.

"Oon."

There it goes again. I saw a shadow of a man at a distance and my feet automatically ran towards it. "Kongpob!"

As the distance grew shorter and the figure of the man became more visible, I finally saw him, his back facing me. "K-Kongpob?" I breathed out, heaving a little from the run.

The man slowly turned around and my eyes grew wide as I saw his face. "P' Surya?" I breathed out, voice coming out as a shaky whisper.

"Oon, my little brother." He smiles at me but I couldn't do anything but stare at him with wide eyes. I was frozen. I couldn't comprehend what's happening. How could my brother be smiling at me right now when I know that he's gone?

He started to walk towards me and my knees began to shake and I slid down, unable to keep steady. Soon, my eyes welled up as I stare at my brother closing in on me. As he reached me, he knelt down to my level so that we are face to face. His hand reaches for my hair and just like before, he ruffles it and I couldn't help the sob that escape my lips. I miss him. I miss my brother.

"You're still the cry baby as you were before," he teased but I couldn't talk back because I couldn't even say one single word. I just kept crying. I wanted to reach out and touch him but I feel weak and I couldn't move.

His hands wipe my tears and his lips curved up in a wan smile. "I'm sorry, Oon. Because of me, you've been through so much."

I wanted to say no, that it's not true but there's no sound coming out from my mouth so I shook my head instead. His smile then grew wide.