10 - Coming Home and Being Left Behind

I watch him grab the cup of pink milk and sips on it happily like a little kid. This guy really amuses me. He can be tough when he wants to. He can be mature in dealing with situations and at the same time, he can be so adorable doing little things. And I find all of those endearing. How can I unlove him if every little thing he does makes me fall in love with him deeper?

"So," he looks at me with squinted eyes and I can't help but squirm on my seat at the intensity of his stare. "Why are you mad at me?"

"You're still on that topic?" I spare him a glance and he's still looking at me intensely so I averted my eyes on the food in front of me, taking a spoonful of it to hide my nervous. Why am I suddenly nervous?

"Yes because you're not answering my question. You're mad at me. And you're also avoiding me since this morning. Why? Is this because of last night?" he asked and that made me glare at him.

"If you already know the answer to your question, why are you still asking?" I huffed and glare at him more. My eyes narrowed when he smiles and let out a little laugh. What's so funny?

"Kongpob," he called my name but he couldn't continue whatever he's saying because he can't stop laughing.

I gritted my teeth and was about to stand up but he grabs my arm with an apologetic face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to laugh but you're being too cute right now."

"What?" I was surprised by what he said and it looks like he is too because his eyes widened and his ears turned a shade of red. He cleared his throat and settled back on his seat, letting go of my arm. I'm already missing the feel of his hand on my skin. Kongpob, what? Seriously? I'm face-palming myself inside my head right now.

"It's not that I don't want to listen to you," he started. "I know that you're worried about me because we're friends but P'Tum has a point. His punishment may be a little cruel and too much but if you really look at the underlying meaning of it, you'll see his reason. I can't always rely on my friends to do things for me. I should be responsible on the things that I do. Do you understand it, Kongpob?"

His eyes are gentle as they stare right back at me, asking me to understand him. I let out a sigh and managed to smile a little as I nod my head. "Yes, I understand. Actually, I do really understand it. It's just that," I stopped and averted my eyes to the innocent wall. "I got worried because you're already not feeling well. And look what happened to you." I can't help but whine.

He chuckles and leans back on his seat. "You're too kind, Kongpob. You always take care of me. Thank you." He smiles at me and I feel my heart leaps. "But you know that I can take care of myself, right? You don't need to always worry about me. I can manage." His eyes roamed the room but me and I can tell that he's embarrassed at what he said. I can only smile as we continue to eat our dinner.

Morning came and I'm earlier than the usual. I need to be in the university first thing in the morning to let the dean and the professors know about my leave for the whole week. Arthit is still sleeping like a baby under the cover. He won't wake up any time soon and I forgot to tell him about this. Sighing, I took a pen and a paper to leave him a note, and I placed it on top of the bedside table after.

Grabbing my bag, I took one last look at him. I need a moment away from him to toughen my resolve or I will just be hurt more and more in the future. They may have broken up but that doesn't automatically mean that he'll love me back. I am a man after all. It was a shock for me when I first learned about my feelings for him, a man. I'm sure he wouldn't even think about sharing that same feelings to me.