23 - My Shining Sun

I felt my cheeks flare as I realized that I have blurted out vocally what I was thinking, reason why Ai'Oon told me that he is indeed jealous of P'Khao. But as soon as I remember what he told me next, the embarrassment immediately ebbed away and was replaced by pure bliss. Did I hear it right? He feels the same way about me? I felt my lips curving upwards in a huge smile as my eyes gaze at the most beautiful man I have ever seen. He looks away, cheeks tinted in an adorable pink and I think my heart did a backflip. My eyes continue to watch him as he again takes a seat on the swing which I immediately followed.

Clearing my throat, I asked, "You love me too?"

His blush deepens that even his ears are now all red. His eyes avoided mine and a cute pout formed on his lips. "I already said it. I'm not repeating myself."

"Oh! But Ai'Oon~ I wanna hear it again! Loud and clear this time~" I whined, trying to push my luck. He rolled his eyes and flicked my forehead gently.

"Not gonna say it again, Kongpob. It's your fault if you didn't hear it clearly." He stood up and was about to walk but I'm not having any of that. I grabbed his hand and pulled him. He landed on my lap with a gasp, his back pressed against my chest and I immediately wound my arms around him to stop him from escaping.

"K-Kongpob!" he shrieked and squirmed while I groaned.

"Please stop moving, Ai'Oon," I pleaded as I felt my stomach churn. Something down there is rising from its sleep and I think he realized what I meant when his head snapped towards me, his round eyes are wide.

"L-let go then."

"Then don't leave. I don't want to go home yet. I still want us to talk," I told him sincerely. After a while, he nodded his head and I let go of him. He then proceeded to sit on the other swing again as his eyes occasionally steals glances on me.

I feel so warm right now, my heart could explode. I can't believe what's happening. Just a while ago, I was so certain that he and I are impossible. But right now, he told me he feels the same way about me. I told him I love him. And he feels the same way! He loves me too! And this isn't a dream because I'm still here right now even though I pinched my thigh, my sides and my arm. My Ai'Oon loves me too and that is real.

"So, what does this make us? Boyfriends?" I carefully asked even though I feel stupid by even asking it.

He looks at his lap, clearly hiding his blushing cheeks. My jaw is already hurting but I can't seem to drop my smile. He's so cute and I can forever look at his blushing face.

"Y-yeah," he stammered after a while and my smile grew wide. The happiness I am feeling right now is too much. Words are not even enough to describe it. I feel so warm and full. This is the happiest day of my life. I can't believe it. Ai'Oon is now my boyfriend. Mine. He's mine. All mine!

I stare at his face and I can't help but melt as he shyly steals glances at me. I reached my hand and cup his face. He seems surprised as he stares back at me with his round eyes. I leaned closer to him as he held his breath. Just a little closer and I can finally— "Ouch!" I pout and held my forehead which he flicked not so gently this time.

"Not so fast, Kongpob." He smirked and stood up. "Let's go back. It's getting late. Your por will be home for dinner. I believe you'll like to eat with them," he says, smiling his bright smile as he held his hand for me to take and I ask myself for the second time; how do you fall deeper with the person you are already deeply in love with?

The moment we stepped inside, we are instantly greeted by the delicious aroma that is being cooked in the kitchen. I believe it is mom cooking. She loves to cook especially if all of us are gathered together like now.