14 - Pursuing My Sun

[Kongpob's POV]

I closed the door but my hand stays glued on the knob. My heartbeat is faster than its usual rhythm. We just got back from the hospital and I am in so much joy that I finally have my Ai'Oon for myself without anyone and most especially, without that little creature hogging all his attention. But what got me so nervous is that I plan to start my plan in pursuing him immediately; meaning, right at this very instant. And that thought is the sole reason for the hammering of my heart.

"Kongpob? What are you doing there?"

I heard his voice and my body immediately turned towards him; smile so wide that my jaw hurts. I hope my smile doesn't look strange.

"Nothing!" I think that pitch is a little higher than intended? His brows furrowed but he shrugged his shoulders and climbed on the bed, dismissing my awkward response.

"So, how did your vacation go?" he asked as he browses on his comics. Oh! I remember that one I bought him. I dashed to the nightstand and grab it, his eyes following my move.

"Look what I have for you," I sing-songed, eyebrows wriggling as I face the cover of the comics to him so that he can see it clearly.

He stared at it for a few seconds before I can see the recognition in his eyes. He snatched it from me in an instant but I'm not to complain. He looks like a kid given his favorite candy. I can only smile at his cute reaction.

"For me? Really?" he asked, the joy in his voice is hardly contained.

"Yep! It's for you. I know my Ai'Oon really wants that edition." There! I said his nickname again. I know I sound calm but I'm dying in nervousness inside. Will I be able to start pursuing him or will he kill me in this instant? I can only hope the latter won't happen.

He froze but soon, his cheeks went red and he glares at me. "I t-thought we're done with this conversation?" He frowns. The way he's looking right now is so adorable.

"I know. But tell me honestly, why do you not want me to call you that? It's your nickname, right?"

"Correction. It was my nickname. Not anymore."

"But why? It's so cute!" I whined like a child and took the space beside him on the bed. I will never whine in front of other people. Keep that in mind, Kongpob. That will be so embarrassing.

"I'm not a kid anymore. I don't need to have a cute nickname," he answered, placing the comics on the nightstand beside him and laid on the bed. I followed suit.

"But you are cute." I told him and he blushes more. He tried to hide it by glaring at me.

"Cut it out, Kongpob. Turn off your light. I want to sleep." He turned his back on me and turned off his lampshade. So cute! I turned my lampshade off too and stared at his back.

Even in the dark, the little glow that the moon provides makes the room not too dark that I can see the outline of his lying form. I ask myself why do I love this man so much but I found no answer. I just love him.

"Good night, Ai'Oon," I whispered.

His breathing stilled, a sign that he hears me. I waited but he didn't say anything. I closed my eyes and soon, my dream is filled with him smiling to me so lovingly.

[Arthit's POV]

I stood with my chin held up on the deck of my ship, my light pink feathery coat being swayed but the wind. I smirked at my pirates enemies. Today marks their defeat for I, Captain Artflamingo will be victorious.