Chapter 5: The Alleyway

We are in the dark car as the stars twinkle in the L

We are in the dark car as the stars twinkle in the L.A. sky. I explain to Corbyn that the police have only searched the way they thought she went because "evidence" points towards it, but what if she had gone the opposite direction?

"You think she went into some alleyway?" Corbyn asks in surprise.

"She couldn't stop Jack and I from fighting and got frustrated. She likes to be alone when she can't control her emotions and surroundings," I explain, feeling guilty all over again. I know it was my fault and it just adds to the reasons why I can't sleep at night.

I suppose Corbyn heard the guilt in my voice. "Don't blame yourself. We're all apart of this," he says quietly. I just look down not believing his words. We arrive outside of the building where our music video premiere was held. It still happens to be summer, but stepping out of the car, I get chills from the wind blowing about. I rub my sleep deprived eyes as Corbyn comes around the car to meet me. He then hands me a flashlight. We look at one another, getting bad vibes from being around here.

"We should retrace her steps," I suggest, approaching the tall building slowly.

"So, that way?" Corbyn asks, pointing towards a turn leading to the alleyway.

I nod my head hesitantly and we begin making our way there. Upon entering the alleyway, I automatically notice it's long and the sides have trash cans all along them. It looks like a place April would go to, to clear her thoughts. "We should search it, right?" I ask nervously, looking at Corbyn who's next to me.

He gulps slightly and puts a thumbs up. He searches the left while I search the right side. I'm sweating even though it's chilly, and am carefully searching the trash cans and brick wall for anything. I'm not even halfway through when I hear Corbyn yell, "Holy shit!!" I run over in a flash, feeling my heart pump increasingly with each step. I look down at a crouched Corbyn and there, in his pale hands, he holds a black heel. "This was April's," he whispers, his blue-green eyes not leaving the shoe.

My heart is aching as my mind makes hundreds of scenarios for why this heel is here. "W-where's the other one?" I ask, glancing around. I find it in no time, a few feet ahead. I stumble over to it, falling on my weak knees. Both heels are covered in dirt, they've probably been here ever since she disappeared. I feel my heart tighten and tears come to my eyes. I blink them back and pull out any courage I have, getting up and walking back to help Corbyn up.

"We have to take these to the police," Corbyn states, his eyes watery. I agree, taking a step back to get more air in my lungs, but hear a thump behind me. Both of us turn around and see a black cat running away and a fallen trash can in front of me. I sigh and pick up the metal object. A piece of paper blows off of it and onto the ground near it. Corbyn picks it up and I don't really think much of it. I am just trying to process a logical explanation for why these black heels were here. "Z-Za-ach..." I hear Corbyn basically whisper. He sounds scared which alarms me.

I face his direction and see him on his knees with the piece of paper in his hand. Tears are streaming down the blonde's pale face. I snatch the piece of paper from him and begin to read the messy handwriting.

I've got April Robinson. If you want her call 973-544-8235 before next Sunday, the 8th. We'll come to terms. Good luck.

(P.S. don't worry! The sun has got its hat on!)

-Black.

Corbyn is already on the cement pavement, crying his lungs out. I feel my tears drip to the floor as I begin sobbing softly, and then louder as time goes by. I fall on my knees, so weak from all the inner pain I'm feeling. I'm so sorry for April, imagining her screaming, begging for help in this dark alley as some evil, stupid man takes her away from me, from everyone. I yell in frustration, not caring about anything except April. She was kidnapped. April, my baby, was taken. I breathe furiously and Corbyn crawls over, pulling me down so I'm sat next to him. He hugs me and we cry with each other over the girl we both fell in love with. The dark side of me knows we would both want revenge. No doubt. On this "Black."

We calm down, but I know both of our hearts are practically ash now. This will be the most traumatizing experience to ever happen to me, Corbyn, probably the rest of the band. "Let's get to the police station," I speak as loudly as my throat will allow me, which isn't very loud. I get up and nearly collapse, my legs weaker than ever before. However, I ignore it and help Corbyn up, using most of the strength I have left.

He gives me a long tight hug in which I feel another tear slip. I wipe it when we pull away and both of us gather all of the evidence. We trudge to the car and head to the police station in utter silence.

-

[A/N: don't call that number haha. I don't really know if it's real, but just don't lol. also hope you guys found the song creepy, that was the point!! LMAO]

PL: july 18, 2018