Chapter 20: The Originals

How is this possible? How can April really be back after a whole 5 months? I am frozen, scared to move from the confusion surging through my brain

How is this possible? How can April really be back after a whole 5 months? I am frozen, scared to move from the confusion surging through my brain. The shock...

"I-" Her voice, her gorgeous voice, is cut off by another males voice..

"Babe, the gift's kind of hard to get through the door," A brunette guy says, walking in and smiling at April. Babe?!

Shawn Mendes has his arms wrapped around my girl.. or my ex girl. "Shawn, that wasn't funny," she says, trying not to laugh.

We're all gawking at the two, extremely disoriented. They notice, looking around at all of us, "Oh," he chuckles, "I'm sorry. That was rude, I didn't even introduce myself. I'm Shawn, April's boyfriend," he smiles, shaking Corbyn's hand, then Daniel's.

We are all bewildered. Shawn Mendes is practically a legend that I looked up to. I mean, I got famous covering his song. But this isn't the way I wanted to meet him, "I-It's nice to meet you.. but we already knew who you are," Daniel stutters.

April looks down, but her eyes quickly glance up at me, making my heart ache. Bryana comes and puts her arm around me so April looks away. I remember the fight we were just having and move away from her.

"Oh, right," he laughs a little, "I'm still not used to being 'known' I guess. April's made me feel more humble than ever, though," he smiles, kissing April's cheek. My heart burns more intensely than my face and I look away. The jealousy is spreading around my insides like poison.

"W-what are you doing here, April?" Corbyn stutters. She looks up at him and smiles, walking closer and grabbing his hands.

"It's your birthday, Bean. I wouldn't miss it. Happy 19," she says softly. He quickly grabs her, pulling her into a tight, long hug. I can see some tears streaming down his face, but this is an emotional moment for all of us, so I can understand.

My mind still can't manage to understand that April is in the same room as me again. I wouldn't have ever thought I'd see her once more..

She pulls away and wipes his tears. Turning around, she is instantly tackled into a hug from Daniel. Two best friends reuniting is always a cute sight, even for me. "April! Oh my god, where the hell have you been?!" Daniel screams, tears forming in his eyes. He pulls back, taking a good look at April, "I've missed you.. so-so much," he sobs. She begins crying as well and hugs him again.

After a bit, they separate and she goes up to Jack. His face is like stone, emotionless. I had seen Gabbie ask him what was wrong after she had walked in, but he was ignoring her. "Come on, Jack. I know you're a little relieved I'm here," April says gently, a teasing smile coming to her face.