Chapter 25: Changed

[• = play song!]

[• = play song!]

I feel Shawn's hands tightly grip my shirt collar as he nearly lifts my feet from the ground. "You're a little fucking punk," he spits at me in a menacing tone.

I roll my eyes and yawn, the pain in my cheek is nothing compared to the pain I feel every time I see Shawn and April together. Just as I think of April, she appears on the biggest step of the stairs, in the middle, staring at us in horror. "Shawn! Let go of him, what the hell!" April exclaims, quickly running up and pulling Shawn off of me.

I snicker, "Oh April, your boyfriend was just telling me about all my amazing qualities."

Shawn gets ready to lunge at me again when April quickly pulls him back. "Zach, are you alright? Your cheek is bright red," April says in a caring tone as she lets go of her six foot two boyfriend and approaches me.

When she places her hand on my cheek, my breath hitches at how close she is. I clear my throat, "Uh, y-yeah I'm doing alright..."

"April, lets go," Shawn barks. My eyes widen at his tone with her and I turn to him.

"Don't talk to her in that goddamn tone, Mendes," I snap.

"She's my girlfriend, Herron. Don't tell me what to do, you little shit," he hisses with anger.

April appears shocked at Shawns language and tone.

He probably trained her like some sort of dog, I think.

April clears her throat softly, "Goodnight, Zach. I'm sorry about Shawn's behavior. Tell me if you need any help," she offers sweetly. After a longing look, she grabs Shawns hand and pulls him into the guest bedroom. I stare as Shawn shuts the door, sending me a smirk.

I flip him off right before he closes it. I bang my head against the wall.

When did everything get so fucking complicated?

     ( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )

It's been two days and I can't take it at this point. Shawn has continuously been pulling April into heated kisses when I walk into a room that they're both in. I always glare before walking out, but this time I had had enough.

"Careful, we wouldn't want April to pass out from how much oxygen and space you seem to steal from her," I comment with a smirk.