Chapter 16: Never Bad With You.

Arriving at the house, I am hit with all the memories that happened before I landed myself in that hospital

Arriving at the house, I am hit with all the memories that happened before I landed myself in that hospital. I also think of what my life might've become without April entering it. They all end with a happy Zach.. but also a different Zach. A naive one that would probably just sleep with girls and move from relationship to relationship. A Zach out of love.

I was taken out of my thoughts by a pretty voice, "You're blocking the way and no, I don't know the password." Turning around, I'm pleased to meet eyes with Bryana, her smirk undeniably attractive.

"It's: Zach is the hottest guy alive," I joke and she rolls her eyes playfully. She blushes and it's extremely noticeable, is she interested in me?

We stood there staring at each other until she coughs, "I still need to finish getting up the stairs." I move out of the way and smile, at which she just shakes her head and lets out a little laugh.

There is suddenly a wave of confidence in me that I wasn't aware I still had, "Bryana!" I call, stopping the brunette in her tracks. She looks back at me and I smirk before continuing, "your hair looks good today."

She smiled and shakes her head at me again, quickly turning around to hide the fact that she is blushing an insane amount. I smile to myself and walk downstairs.

What is getting into me?

*************************************

"No! Give me the remote!" I argue. Bryana and I both want to watch the TV, but I got there first which meant I should get the remote.

"I think not, Zachary," she smirks and plops down, using the remote to change the channels. I am getting quite frustrated with this and, for some reason, tackle her on the couch. We wrestle for the control, our various curses and exclaims could be heard all throughout the house.

We are at last flipped over to where I am on top of the brunette girl, our eyes mesmerized by one another's. I feel my heart race as I can't control myself and begin leaning in. Bryana doesn't stop me, her deep brown eyes staring at my ascending lips. "Zach!"

I get so startled, I literally fall off the girl. She gasps before she begins laughing at me. I laugh along with her, sprawled on the living room rug.

"There you are!" Daniel exclaims as he walks into the living room, spotting my body that lies on the floor. "I was wondering if you wanted to go grab some Chipotle with me," he suggests.

My face lights up at the idea of Chipotle and I shoot up, "You bet your ass I'm going with you," I nearly scream and fumble to find my shoes in a hurry. Bryana is still giggling on the couch.

Despite how hard we laughed, I'm feeling fear. Fear that I am moving too fast or that I'll get hurt again. I can't afford that. Not twice.

*************************************

The car hums as Daniel is driving us to my favorite fast food place, but I'm not even thinking about the food. I am thinking of Bryana.

"You're moving too fast, Zach," Daniel's voice says, shaking me from my thoughts. I stare at him in shock, like he could read my mind. "Are you even completely over April?" Daniel goes on.

I'm at a loss of words, "I-wha.. How.. how did you know that I-"

"I could sense it. I could see it. You were laughing. You've hardly laughed since April's been gone," he answers, the vibrations of the car could only be felt when I leaned against the door. Usually the mention of April hurt me bad, but this time it was a mere sting. "Oh, and I heard you on the stairs earlier," he mentions and I chuckle.

"It's just harmless flirting," I lie. I didn't realize I was lying, but deep down I know I was. I look out at the sunset that L.A. is offering and enjoy it. April would've liked it, but she would've loved what came after the sunset. A star filled, pitch black sky.

"Don't lie to me, Zach. You're one of the two people I know that can't lie to me," he says. I swallow, knowing who the other one is, but asking anyways.

"And the other one?" I ask, playing with my fingers, but occasionally glancing up at Daniel. His eyes get watery, but he blinks it away.

"April Robinson," he says lowly.

I look away and we both stay quiet the rest of the ride. Arriving at Chipotle, we quickly order and are currently waiting for our food. The TV is on and hanging up against a wall, blaring the drama news channels throughout the establishment.

"Just in, could rising pop star, Shawn Mendes, have a new girl? All the details after this commercial," the blonde, annoying lady says before the screen goes to a hamburger commercial.

That can't be good for business.

I roll my eyes. I know all the drama channels are fake, but part of me kind of wants to know who it is. "27!" The cashier calls, which is our order. I quickly forget about the news as we leave contently with our food.

On the drive back, I decide to ask Daniel what would be best for my feelings towards Bryana. "Well do you like her?" is his first question.

"Yeah I do.. everyday I feel like I like her even more," I say honestly. "It's not a lot, definitely not love... but I-I do feel something for her."

Daniel nods, "Just wait a little bit. Until you're completely sure of your feelings Zach. You're only seventeen and you may be getting it confused with something else," he advise.

I nod, but I disagree very much. I know what I'm talking about and how I feel. I'll try Daniels way, though, because he usually knows what's right. We drive home in a comfortable silence.

*************************************

We all sit at the table, smiles on our faces because we're eating Chipotle. Well, also because Bryana is naturally very funny. I never feel a bad moment with this girl. "Then I told him to fuck off because I had already bought the god damn dishwasher!" she screams and Corbyn laughs loudly.

It's strange to us, but Bryana just laughs as loudly with him. I smile to myself, seeing how Bryana may just be the light that we all need. "What... what did he say after that?" Corbyn asks breathlessly.

"He told me I was a stupid ass bitch and his face was so red, it reminded me of the fucking Airhead ballon!" she exclaims, making us all laugh.

Everyone later erupts into their own conversations. I look up, catching Bryana's eye. I wink, making her smile. "Hey, Zach, so you're ok?" Daniel whispers as he's right next to me.

"It's never bad with Bryana around," I whisper back and smile. Daniel chuckles and shakes his head, probably thinking I'm crazy.

And I don't think he's wrong.

-

PL: sept. 19, 2018