Chapter 21: Selfish

I awake to kisses all over my face

I awake to kisses all over my face. I want the sweet sensation to be from April, but I know better. I lightly shove Bryana away before rubbing my eyes and opening them. The sunlight I was expecting is no where in sight and I sigh. Usually, cloudy days make me happy, but knowing I'll have to be with Bryana while Shawn gets April is not a resource of happiness. Bryana sits beside me, pouting like an immature child, which she basically is.

"What?!" I snap at her, my crankiness visible to someone blind.

"Zach... let's go out today. Get away from all this madness that I know has you upset," she says in that sickeningly fake sweet voice she can access so easily. Her brown orbs give away her envy, her fear. I let out a bitter chuckle.

"You mean April, don't you? God, Bryana, it is just so hilarious how insecure and jealous you are. She's a threat to you, isn't she?" I spit impertinently. Bryana's eyes could be blue from the icy glare she's sending me, her eyebrows coming together to form her angry expression. She knows I am absolutely correct.

"Listen here, Zachary," she hisses, grabbing me by the chin so our faces are hardly apart. "You are my boyfriend. Don't you dare think you can just dump me like I'm your fucking leftovers only because your ex is back 'cause, believe me... you'll regret it," she says menacingly. Only then do I realize that she is completely insane and I have made the biggest mistake of a lifetime.

"Is that a threat, Salaz?" I challenge, the irritation in my voice louder than my own words. She scans over my face, a smirk growing on her unappealing lips.

"You bet your ass, Herron. Do not test me because I will not be disrespected. Especially by you," she says, so close to my face that the odor of her morning breath has to have burned a few of my nose hairs.

"Don't count on it. I don't need to disrespect you to make you look stupid. You do a surreal job yourself, babe," I spit. I push her away again, getting up and going into the closet to change. Mostly to get away from Bryana the Bitch, but also to change.

I hear her voice one last time before she slips out, "I'll make your life a living hell, Zach Herron. You're going to regret ever meeting me."

The door slams after her and I only roll my eyes, "Well, fuck. Both of those things have already happened."

**************************************

"Shawn! That tickles!" April squeals. I continue walking down the stairs, finally spotting them all cuddled up on the couch. Jonah and Bryana are the only other people downstairs, talking as Jonah cooks up breakfast. I feel eyes on me and look over to see April staring at me. I give her a mere smile before walking into the kitchen.