Chapter 18: That Spark

Her pecan brown hair is curled neatly as she wears a black, tight dress that hugs her curves

Her pecan brown hair is curled neatly as she wears a black, tight dress that hugs her curves. Her lips are plump and red and her dark, long eyelashes are dramatic, showing off her gorgeous brown eyes. But they aren't green.

"Don't cry, Green Eyes," I speak softly and take my thumb to wipe away her tears.

I snap out of it and look back at an illustrious Bryana. "You're-you're beautiful," I stutter. And I am not lying.

"Thank you, Mr. Herron," she smiles. I extend my arm out for her to take and she does so. We begin walking to the car, "That shirt suits you," she winks as she get in, referring to my white button up shirt. I blush while I close the door for her, but I don't understand. April always told me black suited me.

"I love that shirt on you," she randomly comments as we are walking back to set, our hands connected. I never want to let go.

"This one?" I ask, pointing to the black button up shirt I'm wearing.

"Yes, black is definitely your color," she smiles.

"It'd look better on you," I stop and pull her close, whispering into her ear, "especially right after we-"

"Okay, Zach!" She pushes me away quickly. I laugh, reconnecting our hands, as she burns a bright red.

I shake away the the painful memories and climb into the drivers seat of the car, "Are you okay?" Bryana asks gently.

"What? Yeah.. yeah I'm fine," I smile. She smiles back and I begin driving to the restaurant. But maybe I'm fine.

( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )

I laugh at how Bryana is eating her spaghetti, always making the popping noise as it all goes into her mouth, "It's not that funny!" she whines again loudly. We're at a fancy restaurant with many rich people. They continuously stare at us in disgust, but we completely ignore them. I laugh again and she joins me. "So why is it you like me?" she asks suddenly, after we finish our laughing fit. I look into her deep brown eyes.

"You free me. It's-it's like I'm always locked up in this... this cage of emotions. Like I can't be myself and tell people how I feel... but when I'm with you... it's so weird. It's like I'm Zach. I only ever remember being Zach when- Well, you get it.." I answer in depth, her name almost slipping out of my mouth.

On a date, Zach. Really?!

"I totally get it," Bryana replies. "It's like you're some type of wind. Sometimes when I'm with you, everything's so peaceful like a breeze... But other times, it's almost like a tornado. My heart beats really fast and I can't control anything. It's scary..." she has me hanging off the edge of my seat, her words like some sort of spell, "but I love it."