Chapter 8: Found?

Oh my fucking God, oh my fucking God! That is April!

My whole body tenses up as my thoughts screech at me. I take a deep breath, because I know if I don't, I'll pass out. My eyes actually can't believe what they are seeing and my heart is really beating so fast I'm afraid I'm dying. Then again, my mind isn't thinking legitimately because April seems to be right in front of me.

I want to run to her and wake her up to shower her with hugs and kisses, to tell her how much I love her. But I'm stuck, not being able to move from this shock. I have been waiting for this moment for a week and now that it is happening, it's truly unbelievable.

My mind forces me to walk to her, even if it is a slow movement, despite the fear flowing through my entire body. Once I'm close enough, I spot her face and my heart skips a beat. I remember all the times I had seen her smile, making my lips curve into one, simply because hers is contagious.

After sitting down cautiously, I gaze at her features, her long eyelashes that sit gently under her eyes. Her little nose and soft pink lips. She looks paler and skinnier than before which worries me to a further extent. I pick up her cold hand, sending little electric shots through me, and hold it.

Closing my eyes, my emotions run wild and the tears come and flood my eyesight. Tears trickle down my cheeks as I stare at this girl, the only girl I've ever had in my mind twenty-four seven. The only girl who I've ever cared for so deeply. She stole my heart.

Inevitably, a sob escapes my mouth, making April stir in her sleep before waking up. Her green eyes meet with my watery brown ones and my heart stops. She sits up immediately.

I swear this is a dream.

"Zach," she whispers softly and covers her mouth, tears filling those gorgeous eyes. Hearing her voice again makes me begin to bawl my eyes out all over again. We both sit on the bed, crying as we stare at each other. I lightly place my hand on her cheek and caress it while I hear her sob, some cries coming from me as well. Despite my vision, I don't take my eyes off of her. "I-I can't believe you're-you're here," April cries, her face red and her eyes squinted because she's crying so hard. She still looks so beautiful.

"I'm h-here, April," I stutter, choking back my sobs. And, finally, I wrap my arms around her; the warmth I was expecting isn't there. That makes me cry more; the sounds coming out of my mouth are muffled by her shoulder, but I'm trembling.

April hesitates to put her arms around my neck, but eventually does so. She cries into my neck, sending a string of vibrations. There we are, crying in each others arms, happy and sad tears all in one.