Chapter 22: Fears

The Grove is basically like a monument in L

The Grove is basically like a monument in L.A. For the boys and I though, it's just another place we used to shop way too often at. Before I met April, my life was completely different. I would bounce from one girl to the next, buy extremely expensive clothes that I would only wear once, and my ego was unexplainably inflated.

When I finally met the brunette beauty, however, I changed for the better. I stopped caring about all three of those things and focused on her, and my growing love for her. After April left me with a broken heart, Bryana only mended a few pieces of me. Of course, I didn't go back to the Zach I was prior to April walking into my life, but I just became a broken Zach, which is potentially worse.

But here we are, all nine of us walking around the Grove, which Shawn literally closed and reserved for us solely because he "doesn't want any distractions from spending time with April."

What an ass, I think.

We are all glancing at the stores around us. I actually do feel like buying something, but April is a little distracting. "a little" is actually a very huge understatement as I can hardly keep my eyes off of her. Although I miss her brown hair, the jet black hair and gray tips suits her just as well. Her smile lights up the entire mall whenever Shawn says things that are barely even funny.

Sure, he seems like a nice guy, but he and April aren't meant for each other. They haven't gone through everything her and I did, all their memories over the past four months are merely anything compared to the memories she and I made in a week. He doesn't know about the way April will blush profusely at the sound of my name or the way her face lights up when she sees one of us. The way it feels to save her or the way it feels to finally see her after a week of stressing and crying. He wouldn't know about the one dimple she gets at random occassions when she laughs very hard or the way it feels to have her hands against his body. He doesn't know about the jealousy she can cause with just a grin or the complete fear of not having her.. he wouldn't know about the pain of April Robinson leaving you because she is broken.

Or maybe he does. And maybe that's why this hurts so god damn bad.

"We should go to PacSun!" the beautiful black haired girl exclaims as we come into view of the popular store. I want to hold her hand and run with her into my favorite store, to kiss her or call her beautiful even though she doesn't need reminders. I want to see her try on all the clothes that she likes and tell her that absolutely everything looks good on her because it's true. But most of all, I just want to talk to her. To know her even more than I already do, to laugh with her, but also cry with her, because I'd rather be in pain with her than without her.

To my dismay, however, Shawn holds her hand tightly and they run, laughing to the store. My heart aches, but I just look down at my shoes. "Aw, what's wrong, baby?" Bryana mocks as she grips my hand. I roll my eyes and try to release my hand from her grip, but she won't allow that. I'm not going to cause another scene in front of everyone, so I just let her.