Chapter 19: Surprise

"Surprise!" we all scream at the top of our lungs as Corbyn enters the house and switches the lights on, Daniel trailing behind him with a smile

Corbyn holds a surprised face before laughing in joy, "Guys! I told you you didn't need to," he exclaims, immediately hugging the person closest to him which happened to be Jack.

"It was all Zachy's idea," Bryana smiles, hugging me tighter. I smile down at her, bringing her into a long kiss.

"Ew, ok.. we get it. Stop getting all lovey-dovey on us," Jack comments distastefully. Bryana and I roll our eyes.

"Babe, we do the same thing," Gabbie laughs, coming behind Jack and wrapping her arms around him. He smiles.

"But we're actually cute," he smirks.

"Oh, fuck off," Bryana jokes.

Alright. There's been quite a few series of events. It's currently November 25th, Corbyn's nineteenth birthday. Bryana and I have been dating for four months, and Jack and Gabbie have been dating for three and a half. They talked for some time after Jack met her on the beach that one night. Jonah says he may or may not have a girlfriend, and we'll find out soon enough. Corbyn.. I suppose he's still not over.. her. Although, he's not sad anymore. None of us are. Daniel's focused on music right now which is respectable.

I don't really think about...her anymore. I've been busy with music, my best friends, and my girlfriend. I think I might be in love with Bryana. The tingly sensation I get around her can't be ignored and she makes me beyond joyous. However, even now, I still find that something's missing. It's not Bryana's fault, I guess... she just took a big part of my soul when she abondoned us.

When I think of her, which is rare, it still manages to sting. I'm not sure if that'll ever vacate, but I hope it does. It's the only thing keeping me from being completely happy. I still worry... I wonder how she's doing and if she's okay... if she's happy. That's one of the main reasons I abhor myself. I can't stand myself at times, and I sincerely ponder how other people manage to.

"Let's sing 'Happy Birthday'!" Bryana shouts, suspending my thoughts. We all gather round the table that Corbyn is seated at, his space cake beautifully decorated with the whole solar system. There's even a silver rocketship as decoration among the dark blue frosting.

Corbyn smiles, his face lit up as the flames burn in front of him. He blows them out when we're done, his eyes squeezed shut. He then looks up at us with his bright blue eyes, a glow in them that I haven't seen in, what feels like, forever. We all cheer, meanwhile.