Chapter 11

You sat on Jack's lap for what seemed like forever, until a guard came taking the tray from off the ground. After a moment realization hit you like a brick making you pull from Jack as quick as you could and looked at your phone. Jack stared at you confused and tried to come near you, but the chains stopped him. You looked at the tome on the phone, which you had an hour to get home and get shit together. "Fuck!" You swore loudly as you stood up. "What?" Jack asked as he stared at you. "I made a friend the other day, shes practically forcing me to go with her to stay the night." You sighed and looked at Jack before walking over and crouching down in front of him and smiled warmly.

Jack's brows knitted together, the look of sorry washed over his face. "Who?" Jack asked as he looked up at you. "Her name is Lilithen." You started and looked away from Jack, "Shes the silent girl from school that sits behind me." Jack nodded softly and leaned back, "Did you really meet her yesterday?" He asked to which you nodded your head. "Why then?" Jack sighed out, you knew he didn't wanted you to leave. "Jack, I have no friends besides you, this might be a good start. Either way, the wont ever stop me from seeing you I can promise you that." You said sweetly as you looked at him and soon hugged him suddenly, "I'll see you tomorrow I promise." You said before pulling away. Jack watched you leave him, a pain filling his chest.

~blah~

You hummed as you had gotten home finally. You went to your little house in the back and got some clothes. You didn't pick out anything fancy, just pajamas. You never been to sleep over so, what can ya do ya know? You grabbed everything you could think to pack; toothbrush, toothpaste, clothes, undergarments, socks, extra shoes... OK maybe you packed for life but, close enough.

You hummed softly as you grabbed your packed bag and headed out the door, only to meet face to face, oh so close to running into, Lilith.

You jumped back and placed your hand over your heart, "Oh lord." You let out breathlessly. "Did I scare ya?" Lilith smiled cheesily as she let out a soft laugh. "No..." You mumbled in response as you regained your normal posture. "Oh sure." Lilith laughed a little louder this time and took your bag from your hands without even asking and swung it around her shoulder and started to take off towards the woods, "Come on, its shorter this way." Lilith smiled as she entered the dark opening of a path.

You sighed, not complaining since the bag was heavy and followed though the woods with Lilith, her talking mostly as you enjoyed the scenery.

The forest wasn't as scary as you had believed it to be. You could hear birds chirp happily and dance from tree to tree. The gravel path that was mostly muddy beneath your feet crunched softly against other pebbles and mud. It was peaceful seeing the sun above shine though the trees like blinds. You thought to take a picture to show Jack and soon, you couldn't stop thinking.

You wondered now if Jack had ever wondered the woods, let alone how he would "see" to get around. He had proved to you before he can see, unknowningly how but he seen. Thinking on it, 'maybe it was a curse? Are curses even real? How did his skin become gray? Why are his teeth sharp? Did he do that himself? I wonder what he's doing...  Probably causing a fuss knowing him and his cute- WOAH CALL 9-1-1 THIS IS NOT NORMAL... Is it? Shit who knows, I know I hear a ton of girls love other killers, well made up... Are they? No some were-'

"Oof-" You mumbled as you ran into Lilith's back and soon stepped back and looked at her, watching her turn around and look at you funny but laugh as she spoke out, "Were you listening?" she raosed a brown as her arms crossed over her chest and she smiled warmly, "Wanna sit and take a break? Its been an hour since we left and have been walking." "sure!" You replied, soon noticing the ache in your legs and feet. You walked to the nearest stump of a tree and sat down, letting out a soft sigh of relief. Lilith walked up and sat on a broken tree nit far from you, first dusting off any insect before she sat.

"So, (Y/n). I was expecting to meet your parents, knowing they should ya know, worry." Lilith said as she brought her left leg to her chest and rested her face against her knee as she wrapped her arms around her single leg.

"Oh... Uh... Is that your way of asking if they care?" You suddenly asked as realization hit you of the question she asked.

"Yes, honestly." She sat up straight and tilted her head, "Even my step father worries 24/7 about me. So what's the story?" 

"The story?" You asked and soon went into deep thought, 'Maybe its the drinking problem, maybe its the drugs they secretly take and deny at all costs and even have "proof" to show that they never lie.'

"Well?" Lilith hummed out and leaned forward just by the slightest

"I... Don't know. Things happened..." You mumbled out, letting your head hang low as you tried to find what all had to have happened for everything to end up the way it did. "Maybe its because I am not-"

"You say your not a good daughter and I will beat the snot out of you til you know love. " Lilith cut you off, causing you to look up at her and she her now standing in front of you, smiling warmly with her had outstretched to you, "Just because blood isn't shit doesn't mean water isn't either. You get a better family I know it."

You felt your eyes start to sting and the wall you knew cracked. You smiled happily, letting tears flow as you grabbed her hand and before you knew it, you stood hugging Lilith tightly, finally letting years of pain go and over lap with happiness.