Chapter 6

You woke up to the sun outside your window, shining on your face, making you groan and take the pillow from under your head and placed it over your face. You could hear birds tweeting from outside your window, which didn't help you fall back asleep. You sighed and decided to get up. You threw your pillow to the end of your bed as you sat up and turned to look at the time, it was 8, and your parents were gone. You smiled happily to yourself as you jumped out of bed to get ready for the day.

You took a shower first and got dressed into a off the shoulder (f/c) shirt along with denim jeans with rips going up along your legs. You hummed and walked out of the bathroom, soon being stood by none other than your mother. "What the fuck are you doing?" She swore at you angrily. "U-uh, my drain is messed up and I needed to take a shower... I'm sorry for bugging you. I'll go start the dishes ams breakfast, would that be ok?" You quickly said as you clenched onto the towel in your hand. You didn't want the day to start off by you getting beat by them. "Sure, make coffee to." Your mother was hung over, that's why she was home. You realized your mother was when she started shielding the light from her eyes and she groaned softly.

While Mother's in this state, she's a lot nicer, sometimes, since she doesn't feel good enough to beat the snot out of you. You nodded and made your way to your room and threw the towel onto the ground before grabbing your shoes and headed out, shutting and locking the door behind you. You made your way down stairs and started the coffee then started cooking something light for her.

After hours of you cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, running up, down, left, right, and two beginnings from Mother. You were able to leave. You ran out of your house as quick as you could, shoes and purse in hand. You shoot your head as you walked and soon stopped at a bench and sat down to put your shoes on, since the rock driveways hurt your feet. You looked at your shoes seeing as you has them for years. The bottoms were worn down, but it still helped with rocks; the cotton was torn, the pattern faded, and your feet were always cramped into them.

You shook your head as your placed your bag over your shoulder and made your way to the bus stop. You rummaged though your purse for change as the bus arrived moment after you got there.

After what seemed to be a long ride, since you got off at subway and got food, and then got back on. You got off, again, and was greeted by the big tall prison. You smiled as you made your inside and did the whole check thing. They even checked the food. You were happy since you could bring it in and to him, but hated how iffy they were with it.

You made your way down the long hallway to Jack's room, you had the key in hand you got yesterday just in case, which you did, and your phone with the flashlight on. You sighed at the silver door as you put the key into the lock and twisted, soon swinging the door wide open.

"I got food." You said blindly as you walked in and sat a few feet from Jack and set your phone face down on the ground. You pulled out his sandwich and slid it to him. "Uh... What is it?" He asked as he took it and opened it. "All veggies?" He laughed and smiled as he shook his head. "Its what I used to get, I thought you would like it." You said as you pulled out you (f/s) sandwich. You unwrapped it and started to eat. Jack stared at you before sighing and took a bite of his, soon chuckled as he continued to eat. You looked up as you swallowed and smiled, "Good huh?" You asked and smiled at him before returning to your food.

Jack nodded as he ate, rather quickly at that. You took your time, and couldn't finished the last half of the second sandwich. Jack asked to which you gave it to him, he took off any meat, which made you puzzled, but you didn't ask.

"So, how'd ya sleep?" You asked and looked around the mostly bare cell. "How do you think." Jack said, annoyance lacing his voice. You looked at him and frowned, "Ya know you could have just said bad. You don't have to be an asshole." You snapped at him as you crossed your arms and sighed out as you glared at him.

"Do you want me to be an asshole." Jack growled out as he glared back at you. "No, damn. Why do grouchy today?" You asked and raised a brow as you stare at him. Jack shrugged as he looked away, followed by an awkward silence. "So." You said softly as you shifted and now laid on the ground. You started to tap a beat with your foot, soon followed by your hand as well. "Can you not please." Jack groaned out and covered his eyes, to which you rolled your eyes and continued. "Please. Stop." Jack said loudly, which made you jump and soon laugh at your own self. "What?" Jack asked as he dripped his hand and looked at you. "You scared me and I don't understand why I jumped." You said though your little laughing fit.

You sat up and smiled at Jack who raised a brow as he looked at you, "What?" Jack asked to which you responded, "I'm bored." "What do you want me to do?" Jack shot back as he frowned at you. "Entertain me." You shot back and held back your laughter. "Is this what you do with your friends?" Jack asked as he sighed and leaned against the cell wall. "I don't have friends." You responded, "You know this." "Bullshit." Jack said as he glared at you.