Chapter 26

"That's... New?" You questioned as you raised a brow. "Yeah! Its better than Ticci! It sounds... Sweet?" Toby shrugged, unable to find the word to describe it.

"I... I tried to piss you off..." You sighed and let your head hang low as well as your arms drooped like jelly.

"Mean? You?" Jeff laughed which caused you to look over to him. Jeff sat on the ground chuckling as he slowly sat up and brought his one leg to his chest and placed his arm on it. "That's not mean, it sounds like a nice nickname you give someone."

"But joker is an insult?" You hummed back as you raised a brow and crossed your arms as you stood up straight and tilted your head.

"Shut it..." Jeff growled at you and you rolled your eyes and turned your attention to Toby. You deadpanned as you didn't see the one ticking boy you knew so well.

"Where did..." You mumbled to which Jeff followed your trail and chuckled under is breath as he smirked in surprise, before allowing his leg to fall and him finally get his ass up.

"Well, I don't know, go find him." Jeff said as he brushed his pants off. "Wah? No! I can't! I don't even know this place!" You shouted at the joker rejection to which he turned to you, "What? Are you human?"

"YOU ACT LIKE THAT'S NOT NORMAL!" You screamed at the joker as you gritted your teeth and forced a smile. Jeff looked away at the grass besides you then back to you, "You are kidding, right?"

"No!" You said as you let out a heavy sigh afterwards.

"Well... You are gonna die. You are in a town of killers." Jeff laughed as he looked at you.

"Bullshit. Wouldn't the government know?" You shot back as you pushed your lips together and raised a brow.

Jeff bursted out laughing, leaning forward, "No, it took years to develop... How to say a different plane of existence. A long ass time ago some people put together some strange magic of sorts and created this place. We live just like you all but most of us kill and take money to survive here."

"Wait... Like witches created this... Thing?" You raised a brow as you looked at Jeff as you crossed your arms over your chest and shifted your weight on to your left leg.

Jeff shrugged his shoulders and nodded his head, "I guess. This place is thousands of years old."

"How is maintained?" You questioned.

"What do you mean?" Jeff looked puzzled at you.

"Like... How is it still standing?"

"Oh they sacrificed their life to create this place." Jeff chuckled, "that's how come all around is dark woods and doors."

"Doors to what?" You hummed out.

"Your world. Many different portals open up at random. Just like this well. It is the most common opening. It has its different times, like 2-4 am it is open at the main park well, 5-7 pm it opened where you probably came from." Jeff explained and you nodded your head and sighed.

"Well... Can you help me find Toby?"

"Nope you are on ya own." Jeff laughed as he turned in his heals and headed twords the city.

You ended followed behind Jeff and put your hands behind your back and interlocked your fingers as you walked.

"Can... You... Not?" Jeff growled at you as he stopped in his tracks and you ran into him. Jeff spin around and leaned down and glared at you, "Do you realize I am a notoriously known killer?"

"You are? I didn't know Joker was a killer." You hummed out with a smirk pulling at your lips.

Jeff growled at you and pushed you harshly and you fell to your ass. You looked up seeing Jeff stand above you with a dark, grim look.

"Stay away from me." Jeff shot at you and turned on his heals and started to walk once more.

"Alright. Fine." You sighed and slowly got up off the grass. You looked to the town and sighed, "How the fuck will I find Toby?"

You started to walk to the town that stood before you. You walked along a gravel path that ws surrounded by trees that blocked the city. Soon the gravel path turned to stone just as a few farms came inti view. The people that tended to them looked human... But as you grew closer you noticed, Jeff wasn't lying. Many of people stood out and looked no where near human. There were fish people, some monochrome clowns, even elf people?

You looked around as you walked on the stone path and it was weird, since there were no cars at all, yet there was a DMV. There were many places like a cafe, apartments, even a pet store. You were amazed and eventually you were pulled on the arm by someone. You turned to look and seen the Elf boy you saw on your way in.

"(Y/n)?" The Blonde elf asked. He was rather short and hand and angular face and nose. His round eyes were nothing more than a red dot surrounded by black. His lips were very thin too, he had to be a child. Yet the elf stood in... A link outfit?

"Yo Link." You laughed as you smirked, soon.turning away your arm, "You lost?"

"Excuse me?" Elf scoffed and gave you a look, you knew he was offended.

"Who are you?" You asked as you tilted your head to the side, allowing your (h/l) (h/c) hair to fall over your shoulder.

"Are you (Y/n)?" The Elf asked as he regained his composer and crossed his arms.

"Yes, now who the hell are you?" You snapped at the small boy.

"Ouch, you don't remember me?" The elf placed his hand over his heart, "I'm saving your boyfriend."

You started to think, crossing your arms and placed your dominate hand to your chin and thought aloud, "Link...no.. B... B...Ben?" You questioned and raised a brow as you pointed at the Elf.

"Yes!" The elf, now known as Ben snapped at you.

"Dude I thought you'd be taller." You dead pinned, your arms dropping to jelly as you bent down to his height. Ben glared at you and gritted his teeth...

"I really wanna kill you."