Chapter 24

As you stared down the thing and Toby swore loudly and within a few moments, it disappeared. You blinked and quickly stood up, the ringing had stopped and the wave a nausea had passed.

"Come on!" Toby ticked as he walked across the muddy grass to you and grabbed your (s/c) wrist, tugging harshly. You knew there was to be a bruise due to his fucking grip.

Toby held your wrist, no easing up of his grip as he walked through the forest as the sky grew darker and darker. You knew shortly it would be too dark to even see though this thick forest. Though the faint light of the moon might shine a way for the two of you or Toby had a flashlight, hopefully.

You were glad though since Toby wasn't running and the metallic smell was fading more and more the further you both got away from that area. Still though, Toby never told you why there was suck a horrid and rotten smell. You questioned if it was due to animals in that area or... Them.

"Hey, (Y/n)?" Toby hummed out as he finally let his death grip go and stopped walking as he looked up at the ever growing dark sky.

"Yes?" You hummed back in response as you pulled back your arm and rubbed your wrist where he deathly gripped it, you looked down at your (s/c) wrist seeing that, indeed, bruises were forming.

"Are you scared?" Toby looked over at you as he left his body twitch harshly, causing him to smack himself.

"Scared?" You repeated back, unsure if you heard him correctly.

"Yes, scared." Toby repeated as he raised his arms and crossed them over his chest.

"Well..." You thought for a moment. Were you scared? You had come all this way, fell for a bloody killer and now... Were you even scared? What even was being scared at this point? And as you thought more and more about it, soon a faint ringing started into your ears. You started to shake your head as you responded, "I don't think so."

When you looked up at Toby, he seemed as if he was having a conversation, but no body was there but you and him. You looked st him questionable for a good minute and raised a brow and soon after you heard something. Something unexplainable and soon, Toby started to ask a couple more questions.

"Are you scared?" Toby asked again as he looked at you and raised a brow, his body ticking here and there as normal.

"No." Your responce was soft as you raised a (h/c) brow.

"Are you afraid to die?" Toby asked as he stepped closer to you.

"Yes." You responded not budging as Toby grew closer to you by every step, crushing leafs under him.

"Why not have fear if you stand before someone who can easily kill you?" Toby asked as he stood only a foot away from you.

"They can die just as easily." You hummed out as you crossed your arms over your chest.

"As any other human?" Toby chuckled out as he leaned down, coming face to face with you.

"Yes." You responded.

My, my, what courage a young child like you has.

You blinked looking around hearing such a strange male voice, the ringing within your ears grew louder, slowly. More irritating by the second. Toby didn't say a word, just turned around and started to walk away. You watched him stuff his hands in his pockets and instead of him calling for you to follow, he just walked. You just shrugged your shoulders, letting out a sift aigh and you oushed yourself off the broken log and just followed behind.

"Why did you ask? And... Am I the only one who heard that?" You asked Toby as you walked behind him. The sounds of crickets and leafs below you crunching was all you could hear, besides Toby's faint breathing and your own heartbeat. Toby didn't say anything as you two walked and an awakard silence grew between you both.

"Or ignore me." You mumbled under your breath as crossed your arms over your chest.

After what seemed like forever of walking the air started to becomse a cool crisp wind blowing pretty harsh. The sky that was omce a beautiful sunset now became dark. You knew a storm was to hit because the sky was dark with clouds and the moon hid behind them. Not many stars shined in the sky due to the many of clouds.

"Toby where are we going?" You asked as your legs began to ache again. Toby didn't respond again and acted as if you were just a voice on his shoulder.

"Toby!" You groaned in annoyance as wrapped your arms around yourself for warmth. Toby didn't respond yet again and this time it made you mad.

"Toby can you please fuckin' answer me?!" You shiuted at him as you bent down out of anger and picked up a broken down branch and threw it past him.

"Home." Toby hummed out calmly, acting as if you never even threw something at him, "You'll like it there. I promise."

Home?

"What do you mean?" Your voice grew soft as you asked and Toby shrugged his shoulders. His ticks acting up again and during the whole walk, it was one here or there now its back to every five seconds.

"Why won't you tell me?" You asked as you felt your bottom jaw start to chatter in the cold. Toby seemed to chuckle as his ticks started to die down slowly. This asshole didn't dare to tell you at all for an long time. As the two of you walked, it was a long silence, nothing said. Just the crunching of leafs and twigs below you both crunching under you alls weight... Until he mumbled out, loud enough for you to hear:

"Why should I tell you? You will run away in fear after all."