Chapter Three:Truths

They were in the van, driving to their headquarters; but an unknown location to Yeonmi. If it were her choice she would have left, but she knew all too well. Like that said she was a witness, and as a witness she could tell people. They may have been her friends, but to save themselves from jail who knows anymore.

"Yeonmi, what happened when I left today?"Jaemin questioned.

"Same old,"was all she replied with.

"Oh,"was all he could reply with.

"Noona, do you want my jacket you seem extra cold?" Jisung asks.

"You'll get sick then, keep it. I'll be fine."

"Stop trying to talk to her, she's still in shock."Haechan loudly whispers.

"Not shock, trauma. I'm no longer shocked about this, I'm traumatized."

"Let's by talk about this. Yeonmi, what did you throw at Mark?"Chenle says trying to brighten the mood.

"A pack of cards, like his nickname right?"Although it may not have been the reason in the first place, it fitted the scenario now.

Nobody spoke another word. She may have been traumatized, but she was still angry about the situation. That was their friend, who they loved and cherished. A friend that might not be theirs any longer. Their friend that was pure and innocent, that witnessed a terrifying thing; at their own hands.

The van came to a stop, in a forest. The boys began to exit, Yeonmi left to follow behind them. It was pitch black, no lights or anything, just the light of the moon and stars. Jaemin took Yeonmi's hand to guide her, but she just pulled it back.

"Dreamies get the bodies and supplies, Yeonmi please follow me."Taeyong says, guiding her instead.

Groaning the boys turned around and went back to the van, but Jaehyun followed Taeyong. Together, Taeyong, Yeonmi, and Jaehyun walked towards the side of a hill. Hiding there was a door. Taeyong went towards it, unlocking it to reveal another door. He continued at the many locks and ways to get it, but Yeonmi couldn't see a single bit. The door plied open and Taeyong motioned for her to follow.

"Stay close, follow me, don't touch any of the doors."He instructs and she does as he says.

Yeonmi looks around at the wooden floor and painted walls. The doors passed by only had numbers on them, or a letter. They stopped at room C.

"Please have a seat,"Jaehyun politely tells her.

In the room was an office, a formal one at that. It was tiny. Two chairs on one side of a desk, one chair on the other. If taken in here blind it would've felt like a normal office above ground. Yeonmi took a seat, still shaky of the situation she was in. Taeyong took a seat on his side and Jaehyun stood at his side. Wasn't that Mark's job?

"First, what do you want to know? I'm sure you have lots of questions. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience of all this. I really am sorry, an innocent girl like you shouldn't have had to witness any of that."

Although she's never met Taeyong, Yeonmi felt more comfortable with him than Mark at the moment. He made things seem brighter and warmer. Despite being the leader of a gang he seemed more friendly to her.

"Who are all of you? Why them? What happens with me?"She quickly questions.

"We're NCT. The boys, who I can only assume are your friends, are in our Dream unit; we call them the Dreamies. They are the youngest unit, born into the gang by their families. As for you, as much as it pains me to say it, Yeonmi, we need you to join NCT."Taeyong says with regret in his voice.