Chapter 15:Confusion

Yeonmi woke up to her alarm that she quickly turned off. Her face was covered in dried tears, and her head was pounding. Yeonmi got out of bed and was instantly startled. With a hand covering her mouth and eyes wide open, Yeonmi saw a shirtless Mark sleeping on the other side of her bed.

Memories of what happened flashed across her brain, only increasing the pain. She looked at him with sad eyes before covering him with the blanket. Shaking off the feeling Yeonmi slid on a hoodie and went to the kitchen. It was six in the morning, so she only had two hours to get everything ready.

Yeonmi quickly prepared brownie batter and poured it into a pan. She placed them into the oven, and immediately went to go melt chocolate. When the chocolate was melted she poured them into various different molds before placing them in the freezer.

Yeonmi rushed upstairs to get ready for the day. She rushed to go wash her face and quickly changed into her school uniform. Although, halfway through changing she remembered something. Looking back at her bed she found that Mark was still asleep.

How can I be so stupid to forget he was still there? What if he woke up while I was still changing? Ah, I'm such an idiot.

Shaking off the thought, Yeonmi grabbed her school bag, makeup bag, ribbon, and her phone. She went back downstairs and pulled the brownies out of the oven, and put them in the fridge to cool off faster.

She started writing names on each piece of ribbon. It didn't take her long to get all of them finished, she just needed to make sure she had everyone.

Okay, so I have Taeil, Johnny, Taeyong, Yuta, Kun, Jaehyun, Jungwoo, Doyoung, Lucas, Jisung, Chenle, Jaemin, Jeno, Renjun, Haechan, Winwin, Ten, Xiaojun, Hendery, Yangyang, and Felix.

Yeonmi pulled the brownies and chocolate out of the fridge. She cut the brownies into squares and put one in it's own bag, tying it close with the ribbon. The same thing was done but with three chocolates per bag; except for Felix's bag, he had both chocolate and brownie.

It was 8:10, and Yeonmi had just finished in time; Jeno had already made his way downstairs. He looked at the kitchen counter in surprise. Paying no attention to him, Yeonmi sat down on a stool and started to put on her makeup.

"Did you make all of this for us?"He asked, and Yeonmi nodded her head.

A few minutes passed, and soon enough all the Dreamies came to the kitchen. They each found theirs and thanked Yeonmi. When it was 8:30 Taeyong came down to drive them all to school. He saw what was on the table and smiled, he knew it was her.

Taeyong drove them to school, and went back home to make breakfast. When he got home more members had discovered the chocolates. Some were already missing from the table, and some were just being found. Johnny, Jaehyun, and Yuta were in the kitchen.

"Did Yeonmi make these for us?"Johnny asked.

"She did, isn't she an angel?"

"An angel of death,"Ten says, walking in with a clipboard. "But she is an angel, she's saving us some sanity with her presence."

"So, who's the highest kill count?"Yuta asks with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Our angel."

"What?"Taeyong, Jaehyun, Johnny, and Yuta all shouted.

"She has thirteen, no one else got above ten kills."

"Johnny, shouldn't you have known this?"Jaehyun asks. "You're the one who extracts the bullets from the bodies."

"We don't have special bullets for Yeonmi yet."Taeyong mentions.

"Regardless, since there were so many bodies I sent them to the garden."Johnny looked to Ten.