Chapter 34:History

They were all in cars on their way to Blue Box. In one car there was Taeyong, Jaehyun, Mark, Yeonmi, and Doyoung. Their car ride was mainly silent, with the radio playing some music in the background.

Yeonmi sat in the middle seat, leaning on Mark's shoulder out of boredom. She was just playing games on her phone or texting. Mark stared out the window with an airpod in his ear playing the music he liked; Yeonmi had the other airpod.

"I haven't heard this song since high school."Doyoung plainly commented.

"High school, that was a time for us; wasn't it Taeyong?"

"Jaehyun, we're not talking about our time during school."Taeyong started to sweat as he drove the car.

"High school was great though, you got held back so you were stuck with me."Doyoung laughed, "the teachers had to shut us up every day because we argued."

"Wait, Taeyong, you got held back?"Yeonmi questioned from the backseat.

She got up from Mark's shoulder and pulled out the airpod from her ear. Her eyes lit up, she wanted to know more. Joining into the gang later than everyone else, Yeonmi didn't know much about the members' history; she only knew about who they were now.

"It's a story for another day."Taeyong replied, not really answering her question.

"Come on, Taeyong, if you hadn't gotten held back we wouldn't be this close."Jaehyun reminded him.

"Taeyong was held back because he skipped a year of school."Doyoung bluntly answered.

"Don't say it like that, she'll think I was a bad student."Taeyong began to explain himself, "NCT is a gang, but a gang under a mafia. Our family works under 'S Mafia,' our boss formed NCT as a way to confuse enemies when teenagers showed up instead of the adults. Mark, explain the rest."

"Taeyong was chosen to be leader of NCT, so he missed a year of school to train with the adults and learn what it's like. From then he chose who got to be in NCT's upper circle, aka us."Mark explained.

Doyoung opened his mouth to bring something up, but he was instantly cut off by Taeyong who shouted that they arrived at Blue Box. Taeyong sent a glare back at Doyoung, and started mouthing threats to him; to which Doyoung did the same back.

They got out of the car, with the other cars piling up behind them. They arrived at another isolated building. It was a giant box, hence the name. Someone was outside guarding the door, and opened it upon seeing Taeyong. Walking inside there was an open training area. There were many doors that probably led to hallways and to rooms, regardless it was a giant building.

In the room training was Yuqi and some other boy. They stopped to see who entered and instantly stopped. Lucas came to the front, and Yuqi went running towards him; in reaction he ran towards her as well. He picked her up and spun her around before hugging her.

"You're feeling a lot better."Lucas smiled as the two hugged.

"Of course I am."Yuqi was just as energetic as Lucas.

"Their energy before 12am is overwhelming."Yeonmi muttered under her breath.

"You'll get used to it."Jaemin mentioned as he walked in.

"My little brother is finally home."Lucas patted Yuqi's head after letting go of their hug.

"Sister! I'm not your brother!"Yuqi shouted and punched his gut, although it hurt her more than it hurt him.

Irene peaked through to the front of the group, watching over them fondly. Lucas' and Yuqi's little commotion drew some attention, and others noticed NCT's and Red Velvet's presence. Other members came to the open area to greet them.