Chapter 4:Found

A few days passed and it was soon time for everyone to return to school. Usually this would excite Yeonmi, being able to hang out with her friends again; but not this time. Ever since finding out her friends were in a gang she hasn't talked to one of them since.

Her phone's been in her room while she hid out in her deceased parent's room. Of course, she'd leave the room before her brother came home. Their door has been locked since their death, but there was a crawl space from her room to theirs.

A few times she heard shuffling throughout the house, robbers maybe. Yeonmi stayed in the comforts of her parent's room, doing nothing but laying on the ground. Occasionally she left to get water, but that was it. She didn't know what else to do. All of her homework was finished, and she didn't want to talk to any of her friends; or who she thought they were.

Yeonmi walked to school, as usual, dressed in her uniform with her bag. It was a quiet walk, no one to disturb her or stress her out. Thoughts ran through her mind, wondering what she would do if she ran into her friends. Those days she's ignored them, not replying to a single text, or returning a call.

They traveled together, all six of them, all of them time; until it was class time. It'd be easy to avoid them if she saw six boys all together. By the time Yeonmi reached the school she didn't see them. Quickly running into the school Yeonmi went through the halls, heading to her locker; but quickly being stopped in her tracks.

"Yeonmi!"A voice from behind her shouts.
A sickly feeling fills her. Yeonmi knows who it is. The beating of her heart increases as she hesitantly turns around.

"Ji, what's up?"

"What's up? We've been worried sick. You haven't been answering your phone, Jaemin stopped by your house and nobody was home, we thought you were killed; or taken hostage, or both."Jisung tells her in a loud whisper. As much as he wanted to shout at her she was still older, and they were in a public area.

"I've been using my phone less, and I was out with some friends."

"Besides us you have two other friends that are close to you. You weren't with either of them."Jisung states, knowing that she's lying.

He may be the youngest of them, but he knew better. He grew up in a world of lies and danger, he knew far better.

Just around the corner the other Dreamies were looking for Jisung, their footsteps echoed. Yeonmi knew it was them,no group of people ever walked that in sync during school.

"I'm going to my locker."Yeonmi tells him, but Jisung only takes a hold of her arm, trapping her. A sting fills her arm, and just before she can yanked her arm away.

"Jisu- yah, Min Yeonmi,"swiftly Jaemin walked towards the pair, pushing Jisung out of the way to come face to face with Yeonmi. "Who do you think you are ignoring my calls and text messages. Do you know how worried I was?"

"Jaemin."She tried to reason, but all she could do was study his face.

A sickly pale color washed his face, and nasty dark bags made a home under his eyes. There wasn't a spark in his eyes anymore. They were replaced with a fireball of hurt and betrayal. It was all because of her.

"No, I thought you died, I thought someone got to you. You weren't answering your phone, you weren't home!"

"Jaemin, not here, not now!"The eldest of them shouted.

"Yeonmi,"Chenle says from where he is, staring at the girl in shock. He knew how to reason with her, but he knew he had no chance with Jaemin on fire.

"Roof,"Jaemin stalked away from them, turning his back; believing that they'd all follow.

Yeonmi turned her back the other way, towards her locker. He was mad at her she was mad at him.