Chapter 25:Different

Do you guys read Wattpad stories on your phone or on your computer/laptop?

I know it's weird to ask but I'm curious since my formatting has always been for phone users and not computer/laptop users.

||

A week had passed since the kidnapping incident. The 00' line had started their duties, or at least were trying their best to do so. It was about nine in the morning, and not everyone was awake, but Taeyong was.

Taeyong had already lost the bet, but he was suspicious about things when he noticed their awkwardness around one another. He noticed how Yeonmi would avoid Mark's eyes, and how Mark would leave a room(if possible) if Yeonmi had entered it. What really stood out was Mark's sadness, from before the kidnapping, was replaced with a more of a heartbroken feeling.

There's something off about them. You'd think since they were kidnapped together they'd be closer, but instead there's like a forcefield around them.

"Mark! Yeonmi! Both of you down here now!"Taeyong shouted.

Mark took his time, dragging his feet on the ground and taking small steps. On the other hand, Yeonmi sprinted downstairs as if she was about to get yelled at; which by Taeyong's tone she was almost positive she was. When she got down Taeyong was dressed in a suit, and instantly she knew today was important.

Taeyong waited for Mark to come downstairs before even addressing Yeonmi. He had plans for today, and major ones at that. He was going to take Mark and Yeonmi through a grueling day of hard work, he was going to work them to the bone.

There were things he had to get straight. He needed to remind Mark that he couldn't just do whatever he wanted; his rebellious habits were slowly building up again. More importantly he needed to show Yeonmi the crueler side to this life, even though he wanted to shield her from everything, it would be better for her to see it when he's there to monitor her than a random time.

Mark finally came downstairs, with tired eyes and bed head. He was too tired to comprehend much, and unintentionally stumbled right next to Yeonmi. Obviously, she took a step away from him. Both of them waited for Taeyong to talk.

"Both of you will be following me to the Garden today to help out and discuss important matters. I need you both to get dressed and be presentable, we're the top tier of NCT; this means if we show any signs of fault we have the possibility of being overturned."

"You called me down here to tell me to get dressed, Taeyong you could've just called."Mark groaned as he turned around to go to his room.

Taeyong rolled his eyes at him. Yeonmi stood there awkwardly, she wasn't sure if she should go or not; was she supposed to wait for Taeyong to dismiss her? It was hard to tell. She was right and Taeyong soon dismissed her.

Yeonmi rushed back into her room. Why was today different? Something felt off, her nerves were off the charts. Something about today made her jumpy and nervous. She hadn't been to the Garden before, and she hadn't done anything with an actual status.

In the end, Yeonmi decided to dress more maturely than her normal trendy. She wore black skinny jeans with a black long sleeved blouse, it was an off the shoulder top that was still modest; just in case she wore a black tank top underneath. She hooked her gun holster on the waistband of her jeans, with her gun inside it. Her shirt was long enough to cover it, so she was sure Taeyong wouldn't mind it this way.

Her makeup was light, she didn't feel like putting much effort knowing it would be for no one. Yeonmi was back to liking Mark, and she was almost positive it wasn't a rebound. She liked Mark for years, she liked Felix for a month; it was a bit obvious who was the rebound to her. Yeonmi just needed a way to convince Mark she was being genuine,