Chapter 40:Final Round

Jisung and Chenle went down the stairs and into the basement. They had their guns drawn, and were ready for anything. The lights were out, and they couldn't find the light switch. There was only the light shining from the stairway down.

Jisung held Chenle's hand tightly as they heard footsteps. Suddenly, Jisung heard a grunt and Chenle's hand became weightless. The lights flickered on and Chenle was on the ground in front of him. Jisung's heartbeat quickened and his breathing became rapid. He looked in front of him and saw Yeonmi tied to a chair with duct tape over her mouth, her brother hovering behind her with a gun to her head.

Yeonmi stared back at him with eyes wide open, shaking her head. Yeonmi panicked as she saw Chenle on the ground. He was struggling to get up, a pain just pounding in her head. Jisung froze in his place, his training went down the drain and he was reduced to the scared 18(International age 17) year old boy that he was.

Yeonmi was screaming through the duct tape, tears viciously falling down her face as she tried to break free from her restraints in vain. Chenle had successfully gotten off the ground and right by Jisung's side, still a bit shaky. He grabbed Jisung's gun that was by his side, since his gun was somewhere on the ground. Chenle positioned it at Kyungtae, doing his best to stay stable.

"Leave now, or I blow her brains out."Kyungtae threatened.

"If we leave you, you'll find a way to take her away, and we can't let that happen."Chenle's voice was shaky, but he managed to get the full sentence out.

Kyungtae moved the gun away from Yeonmi's head and aimed it at Jisung. Yeonmi was finally able to get the duct tape partly off her mouth and was breathing rapidly.

"Don't hurt them!"Yeonmi cried.

"Leave now, or you'll die right here."

"Please don't! Stop it! Kyungtae please don't hurt them."Yeonmi begged.

"We're not leaving until you give us Yeonmi!"Chenle shouted with anger.

"Chenle, Jisung, it's okay, go back and get help."

"Yeonmi, we can't just leave you."Jisung also cried.

"I'll be alright, just go."

"Listen to her."

"Go back upstairs, everything will be okay."Yeonmi pleaded.

Chenle and Jisung both looked her in the eyes. She gave them a weak smile and nod before the both ran at the speed of lightning.

"Help! We found her!"Chenle screamed,

"Taeyong! Mark! Hurry quickly, she's in the basement!"Jisung also screamed.

Their cries for help were barely audible from the upper parts of the house, but it was just loud enough for everyone to go rushing downstairs. Chenle and Jisung waited for at least one of the NCT members to come help. Although there was Joy and Yeri, they didn't know how to deal with Kyungtae compared to the others.

Despite being in the attic, Mark and Jaemin were the first two to get downstairs. Mark and Jaemin ran past Chenle and Jisung, and straight to the basement. When they got there they only met disappointment with an empty room.

"No no no! She was just here!"Chenle grabbed his hair in frustration when he arrived downstairs.

"Search for an escape route, that has to be the only way they got out."Mark instructed as he began to search around.

Mark went against the back wall and began brushing his hand around to find something. At one point his hand slightly divided inwards, and from there he pushed at that one spot with all his force. As soon as he did, multiple shots fired at his chest, and instantly Jaemin reacted to shoot whoever shot Mark.