Chapter 4

"What? " me and dad asked at the same time.

"We call them Soc or Socials.... that's who did it to you...." He told me/us.

"oh..." is all I said. Then after a minute or two my dad spoke up.

"Let's get you on the couch...." He said and moved out of the way so Ponyboy could help me in. He then took me in and slowly and carefully sat me down on the couch. "I'm going to go fine a store to get you some ice...." my dad said then left me and Phonyboy.

"Do you want me to take off your jacket?" Ponyboy asked me.

"yeah... sure...." I told him and he carefully took it off and put it arm of the love seat. "thanks...." I said and he still was standing. "you can sit down if you want...." I told him and he sat down next to me. "Why are you so nervous? " I asked him.

"Well last time I really talked to a girl she ended up hating me...." He told me.

"oh..." was all I said. "Well don't worry I don't think I could ever hate someone...." I told him.

"really?" He asked me.

"yeah... no matter how bad someone must ed up I could never hate them...." I told him.

"oh.... well as long as we're friends I'll make sure that no one ever hurts you agian..." He told me. and i had a smile on my face and then I started to blush so I looked down.

"you know your really pretty...." He told me causing me to look up at him.

"No I'm not...." I told h cause I really didn't think I was.

"yes you are...." He told me and I just looked at him.

"no.... no I'm not...." I told him trying to get him to change his mind.

"yes.... yes you are..." He told me and changing his mind looks like it wasn't going to work. them my dad walked in with a small thing of ice. He then walked to the kitchen and put it in a smaller bags and wrapped it in a rag. Once he did he brought it to me and I sat in on my stomach.

"Pony!" I heard someone yell.

"Well that's Darry yelling for me...." Ponyboy said.

"will I see you tomorrow? " I asked him.

"yeah..." He said then walked out the door after waved good bye.