Chapter 26

"Pepper, are you okay?" He asked me as he helped me up.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I tell him as I dust off so of the dirt I got on myself.

"Why'd you run?" He asked.

"I tought that you where mad at me... after what you said on the phone..." I say and he looks at me like he's mad at him self.

"I never ment it.. it's just I was hurt when you left I was mad... at first I was mad at you but then I was mad at your dad. And then by the end I was mad at myself..." He tells me.

I looked at him and I then pulled him into a hug. It didn't take him long to wrap his arms around  my waist and pulling me closer. He then kissed the top of my head  and I smile. I then rested my head on his chest.

"Ponyboy..." I say.

"Yeah?" He asked as we stood there in each other's arms.

"I love you..." I say and I feel a few tears hit the top of my head.

"I love you too..." He said as he held me tighter. He then let go and Two-Bit came up.

"Hey why don't I get a hug?" He asked and I smiles and gave him a small side hug. Then the sun started to go down.

"I better get inside, I promised Soda I'd be back by sun down...." I said and Pony  took my hand and walked into the house.

"Took you long enough..." Darry said looking up from the paper with a smile.

"Where Rosie?" I asked.

"She's in your guys new room... we cleaned out the old storage  room and made into a room your guys..." He told me and I nodded and smiled and started to walk down the hall and Pony came with me.

I opened the door to see her on the bed taking a nap. She was so cute I didn't want to wake her so we walked back to the living room where Two-Bit was on the floor with almost full cake and a beer watching Micky.