Chapter 21

"Hello?" Darry said into the phone.

"Hey, I'm taking a train up there..." I told me.

"You are?" He asked me in shock. It made me feel like they didn't want me.

"Yeah, me and my sister are..." I told him.

"That's great, I'm off tomorrow so when you get here call me and me or Soda well come and get you two...." He told me and I smiled. "So she signed the papers?" He asked me.

"Yeah for both me and Rosie..." I told him. It felt so bad lieing to him. But I had to get out of that hell whole. And i couldn't just leave Rosie there.

"Well make sure you call..." He told me.

"Ok, and I'll let you go back to sleep...." I told him.

"When does the train come?" He asked me.

"in about an hour and half..." I told him and about to hang up but he stopped me.

"Don't you want to talk to Ponyboy? " He asked me and my heart stopped when he said his name.

"Um.. would he even talk to me?" I asked him.

"Well he nev-...." Darry began but got cut off from someone taking the phone from him.

"Hello..." He said cold and mean.

"Oh.. um.. hi..." I say confused and shocked.

"What do you want?" He asked still using the same tone.

"Well I called to talk to Darry..." I told him.

"Well you did so..." He said and then the phone ended. Well... I really feel like crying but I can't know. I guess now I just half to sit down and wait for the train to come. The train ride will be about five hours and I had about an hour till it showed up.