Chapter 24

"Sorry Steve..." I said as I got up.

"Pepper?" He asked me as he stood up.

"The one and only..." I tell him and look out the door and saw Pony run by with Two-Bit runnin after him.

"What are you doin back in town?" He asked me.

"Ohh... well Darry has custody over me and my sister...." I told him and turned back and looked at him. His fourhead was bleeding. "Steve your heads bleeding..." I told him and walked up to him taking the surprising clean rag out of his hand. I then began to wipe the the blood off.

But as i did Steve just stood there looking at me. It was starting to make me feel weird. Not the the good weird i got with Ponyboy. But the one that makes me want to leave. But as i finished wipping the blood off. He kissed me! I was caught in a stage of shock for a second then shoved him off.

"What the hell!?!!" I yelled.

"I'm sorry...." He told me and took a few steps back.

"Why would you do that!?!?" I asked him but still yelling.

"I... I don't know.... something just came over me..." He told me. I couldn't say anything. I just looked at him. I didn't know what to say. But then it just came out.

"You know I love Ponyboy..." I said.

"Then why aren't you with him right how? He's out of school now? I figured you been gone all this long you want to see him. If you loved him you would want to spend every moment with him...." He said taking a step closer to me.

"What do you know about love? " I asked him.

"Because i have been in love before..." He told me. I was somewhat shocked. He always acted different then that. I never thought.

"Who?" I asked him.