Chapter 18

Three Months Latter

I've been living with my mom for the past three months. At first me and Ponyboy would talk on the phone. I've wrote him letters but he never writes back. It's like he does that even care anymore. Or he's found someone else. I need to stop thinking about this. I'll end up driving my self crazy if i keep thinking. Darry called me about a week or two ago telling me that the guarding papers where in the mail. And all that was need was for my mom to sigh them and send them back to him. But the longer it takes them to get here the more worried I got about it.

"Pepper..." my sisters vocie broke me out of my thoughts. I looked up at where her vocie came from and she was standing in the middle of the door way.

"Yeah Rosie?" I asked her.

"Can I sleep in here with you, mommy's gone and I'm scared to go back to sleep alone..." She told me, even though she has just 6 she has a great vocabulary.  I held my arms out.

"Come here..." I tell her and she runs up to my and I then picker her up and sat her on my lap. "How did you to you know mommy's gone?" I asked her.

"I looked in her room and the car is gone..." She told me.

"does she do this every night? " I asked her.

"Ever since you left..." She told me. Her tell this breaks my heart. She's been left alone this  long.

A/N

Sorry it took a few updates to get this right.  My app kinda went all crazy and as I was posting it deleted it and I had to rewrite it.