Chapter 20

I then went back to the car and drove to the train station. Once there I took everything from her purse. But her I.D. and then put it in my bag. I then grapped the bags and my sister and left the keys in the car and walking into the train stashion. I then walked up to the ticket booth.

"How may I help you? " the lady asked me.

"I need two tickets to Tulsa, Oklahoma..." I told her.

"That will be 12 dollars..." She told me and I cot the money out of my bag and gave it to here.

"is there a pay phone somewhere that I can use," I asked her.

"Yes, there's one by the benches where you wait for the train, and your train will be here in about two hours ant platform B..." She told me handing my the tickets.

"Thank you..." I told her and then mad my way to platform B. I then found a branch and sat our things down then laying her down. Wow, she a really deep sleeper. But right now that's the best thing. I then looked around for one of the pay phones. And there wasn't very many people here. But it was midnight. I then spotted the pay phone. I grapped some change and walked over to the phone. But I keep my eye on Rose. I put the money in and dialed the number. It rang a few times before someone picked up.

"Hello?" Someone said clearly I had woken them up. It was Soda. I woke up Soda.

"Soda, can I talk to Darry?" I asked him.

"Pepper?" He asked me and I tried not to laugh.

"Yeah..." I tell him as I lean on the wall.

"I'll go get Darry..." Soda told me and then i heard him put the phone on the counter and walk off. It took a few minutes till someone picked the phone back up.