Chapter 27

Where's Soda?" I asked as me and Pony sat on the couch.

"He went to look for Steve..." Darry said as the phone rang and he put the paper down and walked into the kitchen. And when he said Steve i looked at Pony.

"It's okay..." He mouthed and I rested my head on his shoulder as Darry walked back into the room.

"Someone called in... I'm goin got fill in for some extra cash..." Darry told us as he put his jacket on. "Twos in charge till Soda gets back..." He told us as he walked out the door.

We all then sat watching Micky till Two ended up eating all the cake. And he then started bothering me to make another one.

"Please..." He said for about the tenth time.

"I said I'll do it latter...." I told him.

"Please.....please.... please..." He keep say and that's when Soda and Steve walked.

"You know what, Two, I'll make the cake..." I tell him standing up then looking and Pony. "Come with me..." I say and he stands up and walking to the kitchen.

"Pepper it will be okay... but we can't tell Soda. There best buddies..." Pony told me and I nodded my head and we got the things out to make the cake.

Trying to make the cake got my mind off things and we ended up making a complete mess before the cake was even in the oven.

"Ok..." I say after I set the timer. Laughing a little. "We need to clean this mess up..." I tell him and we began to clean. As we cleaned up we had a small food fight making more of a mess with the mess we had already made, when the door bell rang.

"I'll get it!' Soda yelled and me and Pony looked at the door and when Soda opened the door two officers standing there.

"Can we come in?" The tall one asked and Soda looked back at us with worry. I then took a rag and cleaned the mess off me amd as I walked towards them I wiped my hands off.

"May I ask why?" I ask as I walk up next to Soda.

"We where told that there is a girl on the run, and she had kidnapped a little girl..." they tell us. Ug! I hate my mother!