Chapter 9

"i heard you took a hard fall kid....." Darry said.

"yeah I did..." I said as I sat up more.

"sorry for laughing at you earlier...." Steve told me.

"It's ok..." I told him amd gave him a small smile. Then Phony came back in with a nurse.

"ok, so I'm going to make sure your ok then you can leave with a parent or guardian comes and signs you out...." She tells me and make sure I was ok and I was now I half to wait for my dad to come get me. Once she lefted I starting to get sad, but I didn't show it.

"Can someone please go get my dad? " I asked anyone that was listening.

"I will..." Phony said then looked at Two-Bit. "you want to come with me Two-Bit?" He asked him.

"yeah..." He said then they walked to the door. "see ya'll latter kid...." He tild me then they left.

"Do need anyone to stay here with ya, in half to get to work?" Darry asked me.

"no, I think I'll be fine...." I told him and he nodded his head and left. that just left me, Soda, and Steve.

"Well , Soda, I'm going to head back to the DX. I'll stop by latter...." Steve said then walked out.

"so...." Soda said tying to get my attention.

"So what? " I asked him as I looked at him confused.

"you and Phonyboy?" He asked me.

"What about me and Phonyboy?" I asked him confused out of my mind.

"Are you his girl, yet?" He asked me.

"no... I'm not..." I tell him and felt sad on the inside and it was hard not to show it cause I really liked him.

"Your sad about it, aren't you? "He asked me.

"oh-um..." I said cause I didn't want to tell him, but I think he figure it out.

"You are sad, you like him...." He said and I looked away trying not to look at him cause he would fund out. But he already did. "Where were you two going when you go attacked? " He asked me.

"the park...." I told him as I looked at him agian.

"you know he really likes you...." He told me.

"yeah, he told me...." I told him.

"when?" He asked me then I explained what happened starting with the point to were I got my hearing back to when they all came in.