Chapter 19

"You need to get so sleep..." I told her picking her up and laying down on the left side and then tucking her in. I then got up. "I'll be right back...." I told her and she nodded her head closing her eyes. I then walked out of the room quietly closing the door behind me. I going to find out where she's been going. But as I walked through the house in the dark I ran into the trash can. Ow!!! I tried my best not to yell out loud. I then turned on the light to pick it up. But I then saw an envelope with mine and my sisters name on it from Darry. She was going to take both of us. How sweet. But our mom wouldn't sigh the papers. Good thing I learned her signature to the the last point. I then found a pen and sighed where she was supposed to sigh. And as I put it back in the envelope the front door was opening. I then walked over to my mother. "What is this?" I asked her a little mad.

"I'm not sighing that....' she slurred out. She was obviously drunk.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Cause then I loss on the money..." She said then took a step forward passing out in the process. I then hurried back to my room and grabbed a few bags. I then ran to Rosie's room gabbing some of her cloths then her favorite teddy bear. Next I ran to my room getting my cloths and then my bag that has all my things I love in. I then grabbed the book Ponyboy gave me and then but it in my shoulder bag. I then walked over to Rosie and picked her up. I'm so glad she's a deep sleeper. I then picked up the bags. I then went out side. I put Rosie in the back seat and strapping her in then setting the bags in the frount seat. I then went back inside taking the keys from my pasted out mother. After that i wrote her a note.

" Thanks for sighing the custody papers. .." I then placed the note my her hand graping her purse from the other side of the room I walked out.