Chapter 9: Green Eyed Potter

Katherine spent most of her free time in the Library after her last class ended. She found the place so peaceful and pleasant.

She was heading back to their Common Room when she turned a corner and bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry," she apologized, looking up.

She locked eyes with Harry Potter, who was staring at her with a gentle smile.

"No worries. Your name's Katherine, right?"

She nodded, surprised.

"I saw you in Life Class today. You and Malfoy seemed to be getting along."

"Erm, yeah, I guess. He might have just been in a good mood, though," Katherine shrugged.

"You know, I still remember the very first time I met him, how he talked about your house...

'– imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?'

... and now his future wife is a Hufflepuff herself. Funny how life works, isn't it?" Harry chuckled.

Kat frowned, looking down at the floor.

"Well, he still hates my house, we actually had an argument about it this morning."

"Oh, I'm sorry," he put an arm on her shoulder in a comforting way. "But if someone can make him a better person, I believe it's you."

"Thanks," she smiled up at him thankfully.

"Anyways, I should go now, Ginny's waiting for me. I'll see you in Life Class."

"Sure, bye."

"Oh, and Katherine," Harry turned back for one last time. "Good luck with Malfoy."

She shook her head at him with a small smile, then waved him goodbye.

Kat continued her journey back to her room. After saying the password, she went inside the Common Room and saw Tony sitting on one of the armchairs.

"Hi," she grinned at him.

"Well, hello there," he grinned back, standing up to give her a hug. "What's up?"

"Nothing much, I was just reading in the Library."

"Cool. Oh, Kat! Merlin, I almost forgot!"

"What is it?"

"We're going to play against Ravenclaw on Friday! You'll come, right?" Tony asked with excitement in his eyes.

"What kind of question is that? Of course, I'll be there! I wouldn't miss it for anything!"

"Awesome! I can't wait to see Mary's game, though. You know, now that she and her future husband are both Chasers."

"Wow, yeah, that'll be fun. I'm sure she's going to give her all and even more. You know how competitive she gets about Quidditch."

Tony nodded, laughing.

"I hope we win, but the Ravenclaw team is pretty good, especially this year, so we'll have to wait and see."

"Well, Hufflepuff has the best Keeper in the world, so I'm sure we'll win," she grinned.

"Oh, stop flattering me," he pushed her playfully.

"But it's true."

"It's really not, but I appreciate the compliment either way."

The two talked some more about nothing in particular, then Katherine decided it was time for her to go up to her bedroom. She said goodnight to Tony, then made her way up the stairs.

"Oh, so you're alive," she heard as she stepped inside the room.

She turned to see Draco, who was sitting on the edge of the bed, leaning forward, supporting himself with his elbows on his knees.

She furrowed her eyebrows at him, deciding that she shouldn't react to that comment with words.

Reaching up to her head, Kat took the tie out of her hair, combing her fingers through it carefully.

"I didn't know you were friends with Potter," Draco spoke up again, his voice cold.

Katherine turned towards him and placed her hands on her hips.

"First of all, it's not like you know that much about me, and second of all, if you must know, I'm not exactly friends with – Wait, why did you bring him up?"

"I saw you two chatting happily on the corridor," he leaned back on the bed, staring in her eyes. "It's a shame he has a girlfriend already, isn't it?"

"What are you even talking about?"

"Oh, don't pretend like you're clueless! I saw the way you looked at him."

She couldn't help but laugh.

"Please, Draco," she smiled, crossing her arms. "Don't tell me you're jealous."

He shot up from the bed, and just in the blink of an eye, he was towering over Kat.

"Me, jealous over Potter? You're funny, Katherine."

"So you're not?" She raised her eyebrows.

"I mean, if I think about it, I really don't have a reason to be," he said, lowering his voice. He grabbed her chin, staring down at her with a smirk. "After all, you're all mine."

The Hufflepuff took in a shaky breath, she could feel her legs getting weaker, which she didn't like.

"I'm not your property, Malfoy."

His smirk turned into a grin at the sound of his last name.

"What, is my little badger getting angry?"

Kat clenched her jaw, giving him her best mad look that she could manage.

"Wow, that's actually really cute," Draco chuckled.

"You know, badgers are scarier than they seem. Some even eat snakes."

"Oh, really?" He smirked again, then he bent down, grabbing the girl and putting her over his shoulder.

She didn't have any time to react, because in a second he put her down on the bed, climbing on top of her to prevent her from escaping.

"You don't seem so confident now, do you?"

Katherine bit down on her lower lip, looking up at Draco with wide eyes. For some reason, she couldn't make herself say anything, which caused his smirk to get bigger.

"Now, to make things a bit clearer for you," he lowered his voice. "Whether you like it or not, you are mine, and we're going to get married sooner or later, so remind yourself of that the next time you meet him."

She couldn't bring herself to do anything, she was a total mess laying under him. The smell of his cologne was intoxicating, and she could feel her cheeks getting warmer and warmer.

Draco was pleased with himself, he was hoping she would react the way she did, so he decided to go a little further. He leaned down to whisper in her ear.

"Katherine Malfoy. Oh, I can't wait."

He kissed her neck, making sure not to pull away too fast. Her skin was getting hotter and hotter, which he considered as a good sign, so he placed a kiss on the corner of her mouth as well.

He finally pushed himself back up, looking down at her flushed face with a satisfied and proud smirk. He got up from the bed and started walking towards the door.

"Oh, one last thing," he said turning around, leaning on the wall. "If I see you laying on the sofa instead of the bed when I come back, I'll put you there myself."

And with that said, he left, leaving a blushing and confused Katherine behind him.