Chapter 40: Easy, Tiger

"You look fine, Draco," his best friend groaned, staring at him as he kept on adjusting his clothes and doing constant retouches to his hair.

"Fine is not good enough, Blaise," the blonde snapped at him. "Katherine has been refusing to meet me these past few days because apparently studying is more important than I am, so I need to look perfect to show her what she's missing out on."

"In case you haven't noticed, this is a school, Draco. Of course she's going to study, especially now that our N.E.W.T.s are coming up. You don't live together anymore, you can't expect her to be around you all the time."

"I'm not asking her to be around all the time, but it would be nice to spend quality time with my girlfriend every once in a while."

"This is your chance, then," Blaise nodded. "That's what Valentine's Day is for, isn't it?"

"After today, it's going to be called Katherine's Day, because she won't know what hit her," he plotted.

"So what's your plan, exactly?" His friend crossed his arms over his chest.

"Easy. I'm going to greet her like the princess that she is, then I'm going to take her out on a date to Hogsmeade and remind her of how amazing it is to be with me. Then she'll realise the mistake that she made, resulting in her spending less time studying and more with me," he explained.

"Please don't tell me you're taking her to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop..."

"It's a sacrifice that I'm willing to take," Draco grimaced.

"Man, you must really miss her," Blaise frowned.

"It's pathetic, to be honest," he arched one of his eyebrows. "She should be the one missing me, not the other way around, but no! She's busy being a nerd while I'm over here counting down the days when I can finally see her, like an idiot," he spat.

"I sense some tension built up inside you, man," he chuckled deeply.

"Let's just say that she's lucky we don't share the same room anymore," Draco said in an intimidating tone.

"Okay, I don't need to know that!"

The blonde smirked, then took a last look at himself.

"I should go now. What do you think? Will she faint when she sees me?"

"Let's hope she doesn't," Blaise said with concern in his voice.

He rolled his eyes, then said goodbye to his friend and left their dorm to go meet Katherine.

The Slytherin went to the empty looking basement, waiting for the girl near the entrance of their Common Room.

While waiting, he checked himself out one last time, making sure he looked his absolute best.

"Draco!" He heard, then turned towards the source of the voice.

Katherine walked up to him with a smile on her face.

"Hi."

"Hello, sweetheart," he smirked down at her while snaking his hands around her waist slowly. "Happy Valentine's Day."

Leaning down, he connected their lips, giving her a deep and passionate kiss.

The Hufflepuff felt her knees going weak, but Draco held her up, not giving her a chance to pull away until it was completely necessary.

After they pulled apart for air, he pulled her body closer to his.

"Did my hard-working little girlfriend finish all her school work?" He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear gently, stroking her cheek in the process.