Chapter 10: See You In Your Nightmares

What the hell should I do?

After finally collecting herself – as much as she could –, she stood up from the bed.

Katherine was looking forward to a good night's sleep, but now she was more awake than ever.

She had no clue when Draco would be back, so she decided to take a very quick shower, then she changed into her pyjamas. Sitting down on the sofa, she felt torn.

Was Draco bluffing? Would he actually move her to the bed? Then it hit her.

Of course!

She stood up happily, making her way towards the bed.

He wants to be a gentleman, and he's letting me sleep on the bed, while he's going to take the sofa. It only makes sense.

She laid down on the opposite side of which Draco slept on the night before. The smell of his cologne filled her senses, making her dizzy. She didn't understand why she was reacting that way. Was she catching feelings for the Slytherin already?

She closed her eyes, trying to force herself to fall asleep. It was already dark and she was tired, at least she thought she was, but her thoughts didn't let her rest.

Kat's mind finally seemed ready to shut down for that day when she heard the door open and close, the sound of footsteps following it.

She kept her eyes closed, trying to maintain a slow breathing pattern, even though her heart was racing.

When Katherine felt Draco laying down next to her – instead of going for the sofa –, she thought that she was going to throw up. She was sure she would have collapsed if she wasn't laying already.

Calm down, he's just going to go to sleep, there's no reason for him to interact with you, he must think you're asleep.

To her dismay, he decided to put an arm around her waist.

This is it, this is how I'm going to die.

Her heart was already beating unusually fast, she was surprised when it became even faster.

Hearing his low chuckle made her cheeks warm up in no time.

Draco pulled her closer to him, tightening his grip around her waist. He could practically hear her heart beating, praying that she wouldn't pass out in his arms.

"Good night, Katherine," he pressed a soft kiss on the side of her neck. "See you in your dreams."

She didn't answer, obviously.

Draco smirked to himself, loving the effect he had on Katherine.

After a few minutes, he noticed her breath getting slower and steadier, signalling that she fell asleep. He closed his eyes as well, letting the darkness take over him once again.

•••

"Blaise! Blaise, where are you?"

Draco was running up and down on the corridors, looking for his best friend.

"Blaise!"

He went outside, noticing the back of his friend, who was standing next to a huge tree.

Draco made his way towards him, but when he went closer, he realised that he wasn't alone.

"You're so funny, Blaise."

Laughter.

Blaise had a huge grin on his face, looking down at the person in front of him. He started leaning down towards them, then Draco took a few steps closer.