Chapter 22: Win or Lose

Everyone in the school was excited. Most people thought that the Gryffindor versus Slytherin match was the best and most interesting one of them all.

On their way to the Quidditch Pitch, they met Mary, who was accompanied by a guy that she realised was the one she got paired up with.

"Hey guys," Mary greeted them with a smile. "Are you as stoked as I am?"

"Well, I see that two of them are supporting Slytherin, so even if they are, they won't be after the match's over."

"Adam!" Mary slapped him on his upper arm.

"What? It's obvious which team's going to win."

"Duh, it's gonna be Slytherin."

"Actually, according to past games and statistics-"

"Oh, shut up!"

"Okay, you don't want to hear the truth, that's fine, I guess."

"Don't even start this with me right now, I'm warning you!"

"Guys," Katherine tried getting their attention. "Sorry for interrupting, but the match is going to start soon, so maybe we should-"

"Yeah, sorry, we should go," Mary nodded.

After fighting their way through the crowd, they managed to sit down.

"Welcome everyone!" Katherine heard a loud voice.

It started speaking, but she zoned out for a second, gazing around the Pitch.

"Today's game: Gryffindor versus Slytherin!"

The crowd erupted in cheers, waving their crimson and emerald coloured flags in the air.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game."

Katherine felt the corners of her lips turning up slightly as she noticed the blonde Slytherin on his broom.

"The Bludgers are up, followed by the Golden Snitch, which is worth a hundred and fifty points."

The crowd kept glancing between Harry and Draco.

"The seeker who catches the Snitch... Ends the game."

With that said, Madam Hooch released the Quaffle and the game began.

The players started flying around, but the Hufflepuff could only keep her eyes on one particular person, who was trying to spot the little golden ball.

A few minutes passed, and her stare was still fixed on him.

"No!"

Scared by the sudden loud voice coming from next to her, she turned her attention to Pansy.

"What is it?"

"We're losing!" The Slytherin sighed frustratedly. "Are you even paying attention?"

"Yeah, I am," she mumbled.

"Well, maybe you're paying too much attention to him and not enough-"

"Shh!"

Pansy turned around with furrowed eyebrows, looking at the person sitting behind her. "Don't hush me, or I swear-"

"Pansy, please," Tony placed his hand over her shoulder in a comforting way. "Could you calm down a little?"

She stayed like that for a moment, then moved back to her original position while crossing her arms over her chest.

"Whatever."

"Thank you," he pressed a quick kiss on the top of her head.

Blinking repeatedly, Katherine turned back towards the game as well, but all of a sudden her view was half-blocked.

"What the..."

"Looks like Draco Malfoy has spotted the Golden Snitch!"

Confused, Kat started moving around.

Draco started speeding towards the Hufflepuff, but the Snitch switched its positions quickly, so he had to follow that little dot in the distance.

Unfortunately for him, Harry noticed it as well.

The two started chasing each other and the small ball, both trying their best to catch it and win the game.

"You better catch it, Draco," Pansy muttered under her breath.

The crowd watched the two guys flying around, anxious but also excited about who's going to win.

"No!" The Slytherin girl groaned. "Potter's closer to it now, he's going to catch it!"

"Have some faith, Pansy," Katherine sent her a soft smile.

"Ugh..."

The match kept on going with the two boys still fighting for the Snitch.

"Another 10 points to Gryffindor!"

"I can't believe this!"

"Pansy..."

"No, don't tell me to have faith, because it's obvious that we're-"

"He did it! He caught the Snitch!"

With their eyes going wide, both girls turned back towards the ground, trying to see who he was.

"Draco Malfoy caught the Golden Snitch, receiving 150 points for Slytherin!"

"Did he really?" Pansy broke out in a grin.

"Slytherin wins!"

"Yes! We won! We won!"

"You did," Tony smiled at his future wife.

Katherine glanced down towards him in silence and their eyes met. Even though he was far away, she knew that he was staring at her with that proud smile of his.

"Come on, we should get back to our Common Room," Pansy said standing up. "This needs to be celebrated."

Grabbing Tony and Katherine, the Slytherin guided them back towards the castle.

On their way back, the Hufflepuff felt the need to look back over her shoulder and she noticed Draco standing next to a tree in the distance. He put his finger up to his mouth, signalling for her to keep quiet while motioning for her to go over there with his other hand.

"Uh..."

"What is it?" Pansy asked.

"Nothing. You guys should go ahead, I'll be there in a bit."

"Are you sure?" Tony furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Yes, yes. I will meet you two in our Common Room, okay?"

"Fine," Pansy nodded hesitantly, then they continued their way inside.

Turning on her heels, Kat started walking towards Draco. When she was close enough, she reached up, wrapping her hands around his neck with a smile.

"You did it!"

Letting out a laugh, he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to his body.

"I told you I would catch it for you, didn't I?"

Katherine closed her eyes, her smile getting bigger.

"Yes. Yes, you did."