Chapter 38: Choose Wisely

Opening the door to their bedroom, Katherine smiled at the familiar view and placed her belongings down before sitting down on the bed.

She was alone, but she didn't have to wait long for Draco to arrive.

"Home, sweet home," the Slytherin said jokingly, smiling at the girl.

He closed the door after himself, then took a seat next to her, leaving his luggage in the middle of the room.

"To be honest," he spoke up again. "I kind of missed this room."

"Yeah, me too," Katherine agreed. "I'm pretty used to it now."

"Let's not get too attached to it, though. We'll have to leave eventually."

"Right," she nodded. "But for now we should start getting ready to leave and go to the Great Hall."

"Another term, another welcome back speech," Draco rolled his eyes.

"Well, there won't be a lot more, since it's our last year," the Hufflepuff pouted.

"Thankfully," he commented.

"Just get ready," she shook her head.

"Yes, Ms Bright."

***

Draco and his friends sat down at the Slytherin table in the Great Hall, talking about their breaks.

"Guess what," Pansy leaned forward. "I heard that Potter proposed to Weasley on Christmas Day. They are the first couple to get engaged" she scoffed.

"Of course they are," the blonde rolled his eyes. "But proposing on Christmas Day? Talk about being original."

"To be honest, I kind of forgot about having to propose at all," Blaise grimaced.

"Right," the girl grinned. "How are things with you and the Gryffindor girl? What's she called again?"

"Rachel. Not the best, though. She mentioned running away to America multiple times. I mean I tried working things out with her, but it's like I'm talking to a wall. It's quite frustrating, honestly."

"If she wants to run away so bad, then buy her a plane ticket or something," Pansy shrugged. "Get rid of her."

"I wish I could," he sighed tiredly.

"Welcome back, everyone," McGonagall spoke up, interrupting their conversation.

The students fell quiet, turning their attention towards the Headmistress.

"I hope all of you had a nice break. Before the food is served, I would like to ask all students in their seventh year to stay here after everyone finishes eating. There's something that I have to inform you about. Thank you," she nodded, then sat down in her seat.

"Is she actually serious?" Blaise groaned. "I can't take another announcement of hers, I really can't."

"You don't even know what it is yet," Pansy raised an eyebrow at him.

"I don't need to," he shot back. "I bet the Ministry came up with another way to torture us over Christmas. Hell, I might run away to America after this."

"Don't be ridiculous, Blaise," Draco narrowed his eyebrows at him. "How about you start eating instead of having a breakdown?"

"How about you don't tell me what to do?" He asked, but started eating anyway.

The blonde put some food on his plate as well, although he didn't have much of an appetite after hearing McGonagall's words.

After all of the students were finished with their food, everyone left the Great Hall except for the seventh years, some of the teachers and the Headmistress.