Chapter 30: Honesty Before Glory

"Finally," Draco let out a sigh as he closed the Hospital Wing's door. "I was starting to think that she would keep you in there forever."

"Don't be so dramatic."

"I'm not," he scoffed, then he placed one of his hand on Katherine's waist. "Do you need help?"

Surprised by his sudden move, she shook his hand off.

"My ankle is fine now, so no. Thanks, though."

"Whatever."

The two of them started walking towards their Common Room in silence.

"So..." Draco spoke up again after a few seconds. "About my parents..."

"What about them?"

"I wrote another letter to my mother. I told her that it's too soon for them to meet you, so you don't have to throw yourself off from the stairs again for a while to avoid them."

The Hufflepuff stopped in her tracks, staring at the blonde with wide eyes.

"I didn't do that on purpose!"

"Of course you didn't."

"Fine, don't believe me, then."

"I won't."

"Great."

With her eyebrows furrowed, she started walking again, making sure to keep her distance from the Slytherin. After taking a few steps, she heard him groan.

"Katherine!"

"Leave me be, Malfoy," she said without turning back.

Catching up to her, he grabbed her wrist and turned her towards him.

"First of all, that's going to be your name in the future too, and second of all, don't ignore me like this."

"First of all, I don't care, and second of all, don't tell me what to do."

"What's going on with you? Did Madam Pomfrey give you a personality makeover? Because if that's the case, then she did a bloody awful job."

"Well, I'm sorry if you don't like my personality, I guess you're just going to have to deal with it."

"Okay, that's it, I'm taking you back there."

"No, you're not! I'm perfectly fine, but maybe you should consider going in there and see if she can fix you."

"Me?!" He asked back with a surprised expression. "What did I do?"

"Oh, nothing special, just shattered my heart into a million pieces."

"And how did I do that exactly?"

Taking her wrist out of his grasp, she gave him a cold look.

"Honesty before glory."

The Slytherin gave her a questioning look.

"What?"

"I'm not a liar, Draco, so please don't accuse me of doing that."

"Then why would you go and break your ankle if not to avoid them, huh?"

"I told you, it wasn't on purpose!"

"Fine, maybe that wasn't on purpose, but don't tell me that your legs just started running on their own when I told you about meeting them," he crossed his arms on his chest.

"I only ran because you said you would force me to go, even though I told you that I wasn't ready!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just thought that you'd be willing to do that for me, but I guess that's not the case."

"Yeah, and I was hoping that you would take my feelings into consideration, but I guess that's not the case either," she crossed her arms as well.

"Katherine, you're acting so ridiculously right now!"

"Really? I'm glad you enjoy the fact that I'm absolutely sad and disappointed."

"And why is that my fault?!"

"I didn't ask for all this, Draco!" Kat raised her voice. "Don't know if you noticed, but I'm a bloody seventeen-year-old girl who never had a boyfriend before, and now I'm forced to be in a relationship I didn't ask for, or probably not even ready for, but no one cares about that, because the only thing they care about is the wizarding population, not the feelings of the actual people. I'm not saying that it's your fault, but you're only making this whole thing worse by trying to force me into doing stuff that I'm not comfortable with! And the sad thing is that I actually feel sorry for saying no to something that I know is not good for me when I shouldn't feel like that at all! I just wanted to come back here and finish my studies in peace! How can they expect me to become a mother at this age when I don't even know how to take care of myself properly?"

At the end of her sentence, she covered her eyes with her hands, tears slowly running down her cheeks.

A few seconds later she felt herself being embraced in a hug.

"I'm sorry, Kat," Draco whispered. "I'm sorry."

She just stayed silent, trying to calm herself down.

"Come on, let's go back to our Common Room."

The Hufflepuff pulled away from him, her eyes still watery.

"I want to be alone for a while."

"I'll leave you alone, I promise, just let me get you back there safely first."

"Okay," she sighed.

Draco took her hand in his gently, walking her to the painting. After they got back into the empty Common Room, they walked up the stairs. Stopping in front of their bedroom door, he looked into Katherine's eyes.

"I'll be in the Common Room if you need anything. Please rest, okay?"

She just nodded at him, then he let go of her hand.

After taking a last glance at her, he turned back and headed towards the stairs.

He was really hoping that she would need something soon.

A/N

Hello again! Long time no see... I'm so sorry that I suck at updating, but I'm still here!
I had a few exams and I wasn't really in the writing mood... (I still have some left, so let's hope that I'll survive.)

I also made the mistake of listening to a few BTS songs out of cUrIoSItY... Now I know all of their names, my YouTube recommended is full of them and I am scared. (I am also listening to them while writing this. Please send help.)

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter (even though it was kind of short and not the happiest, but hey, life isn't always happy, unfortunately).
Thank you so much for reading! May all of you have a wonderful day!