Chapter 42: Unbelievable

With the arrival of spring, more and more students began spending their free time outside. Some of them playing, some chatting, some with books as they studied for the upcoming exams, and others just casually planning their futures.

Katherine and Draco were sitting on the grass under a tree, enjoying the sunshine and the light breeze while talking about the important things in life.

"Why not?!" The girl crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the blonde.

"Dogs are a lot of hard work, Katherine. Plus I don't see why we would need one, either."

"They're cute!"

"You're cute too, that's enough for me," he shrugged.

"And what about me?" She asked back.

"What? Are you implying that I'm not cute?" Draco gave her a questioning look.

"Maybe, what are you going to do about it?"

"You're getting way too sassy, sweetheart. Turn it down before I do, will you?"

"Not until I get a dog!"

"No dogs and that's final!"

"What about a cat, then?" She suggested.

"Even more useless. Forget it."

"Can we not have any animals?" The girl pouted.

"Why would you need one when I'm right here?" He smirked.

Katherine huffed, then turned her head away.

"Why are we even talking about this? Isn't it too early?"

Draco frowned, then took one of her hands in his slowly.

"Well..."

"What?" She turned back towards him curiously.

"Look... I don't plan on proposing to you anytime soon, because I know that you're not ready, I mean if you would be, then you wouldn't have signed the form... But I was wondering..."

"About...?"

"You see, I want to ask you if you'd be okay with... Moving in with me after school? And I don't mean in the Manor, but our own place. Regular couples do that too, right? It's not like we have to be married to live together..."

"You want us to move in together after school?" She asked with a surprised expression on her face.

"Yes, that's what I just said."

"Wow... I don't know, Draco."

"Why not? It's not like that would be the first time."

"That's true, but... Should we?"

"Listen, Katherine," he leaned closer to her. "Just because we are not forced to get married anymore doesn't mean that we never will. Now, I don't know about you, but I still want to start a family with you in the future. I'm aware that it's not going to happen soon, but when I think about my future, you're there. I know that we're still young, but we still have to live somewhere, so I don't see why we couldn't live together."

"I'm in your future?" The Hufflepuff smiled at him.

"No, Kat. I asked you to be my girlfriend just so I could waste my time and break up with you later," he rolled his eyes. "Of course you are."

"That's so sweet," she beamed.

"Excuse me, but aren't you supposed to say that I'm in your future too?" Draco raised an eyebrow at her.